Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New E-Trac just arrived

imi_wakaranai

I've been lurking here for a few months, often amazed at everyone's fabulous finds. I think I've done pretty well with my Tek Omega, but I just knew that I had to try the E-Trac. I've been reading tons of posts trying to familiarize with the various settings. So here I am, and I may have a few questions. Thanks in advance for your consideration in helping a newbie. Most of you won't have to worry about me finding all of the goodies because I live in Japan. A big thanks to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies who has been very helpful and who also made me a super deal.

Congrats on the new Trac!

Congrats on the E-Trac. MDing popular in Japan? More or less competition for sites to hunt?

Cool Beans !!!! Looking forward to the finds!!!

Your fun has just started. You won't believe the machine it has incredible depth. I hope you like digging twelve inch holes. It wheres me out some days, you have fun now.

Sounds like you may be in the military Jason. If so which branch?? I'm retired USAF. I got to stop in Japan once while traveling to Guam via Philliipines. You'll love the etrac. Cheers

MDing is dead in Japan.:clapping: When Japanese people see me swinging, they will come over and see what I am doing. There are maybe a handful of Americans that date ct, but most of them are beach hunters.
E-TREC-Virginia said:
Congrats on the E-Trac. MDing popular in Japan? More or less competition for sites to hunt?

I am prior-Marine and that is what brought me to Okinawa originally. Currently I am civil service working for the USMC.
squirrel1 said:
Sounds like you may be in the military Jason. If so which branch?? I'm retired USAF. I got to stop in Japan once while traveling to Guam via Philliipines. You'll love the etrac. Cheers

Congrats and good luck with that Trac.
Doc

welcome to the Etrac club! make sure to take some time and learn the machine adn the functions... if you don't... 2 things will happen... #1 you'll not adjust and tune it and think it is broke or does not work right... and #2 you won't take advantage of it's potential... I almost did both of those...LOL....

I couldn't have found a better machine after taking a good afternoon and reading the manual, experimenting, and doing some testing.

Don't believe the hype of 'the ETrac can't find gold' ... I am gonna post a video soon of some setting that go from 'null' to 10-10" deep hitting on a thin gold ring...

Etrac.... the best

Semper Fi! Served at Camp Kinser 87-88. You will love the E-trac! Once you learn the language it is a beast. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

How cool! I work 3 days a week on Kinser. I'm thinking there is some old silver on that base.
silverchef said:
Semper Fi! Served at Camp Kinser 87-88. You will love the E-trac! Once you learn the language it is a beast. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

Can you detect on base?? I thought Kinser was newer? Schwab or Hansen might be better. I actually was TAD at a small base that was really old. I think it was called mcturin or something like that. It was closed at the time-might still be?

Silverchef,

I detect all the time on the bases. I just try to stay low key and stay away from high traffic areas. There are so many fields to detect. I stay away from housing areas. I believe Kinser went up in the late 50s or 60s. I also hunt on MCAS Futenma where I also work 2 days a week. McTureoues is a housing base near Courtney, but I hear that it used to hold the brig in the early 70s.