Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New detector shopping

petew

I started with a at pro,now have a xterra 705.wanting more depth,looked into a e Trac and always liked a fast detector,just heard the f75 was noisy.well,I was wondering if that's changed from what I hear,and even though I'm a coinshooter overheard the f75 was no slouch in that department.I' live in western Pennsylvania and would sooner have a light deep fast detector than a slow deep heavy one.any help from experienced owners,I'm ready to buy something.l

The F75 rocks both relics and coins. The early ones were noisy. Mine sounds like machine gun fire in the headphones. You still hear the good stuff through the noise but Fisher has listened and the new, just released are reported to be very quiet. Make sure you get a detector clearly marked with EMI shielding and version 9.0 software changeable to version 9.1. Fisher is going to offer an update to our existing machines. Details have not been released yet but I am looking forward to it. If I can love my F75 through the noise you should be wildly happy with a quiet one. Good luck!

Don
HH

I am just south of you down in WV and I had one of the first LTD that came and 2 used std F75's, and now I am running a new F75Ltd (version 8.0)and I really haven't had any EMI problems with any of them.

I will say if you are running it with 3 or 4 tones in a trashy area you will get a lot of broken up signals, because it is trying to give you a tone for each item you pass over. When I am in an area and it gets pretty bad I just switch to one tone (mono) and she will settle down.

My favorite coil is the 6.5" elliptical.

Ron in WV

Same here wv62..i could run my sensitivity high without any issues..i actually was hunting with my brother and his etrac was goin crazy and my f75 ltd(2012 black version) was quiet as a mouse..the nel sharpshooter is a great coil on the f75..stable and deep..

F-75 equates to - highly sensitive, very powerful unit......... Like hunting with a Bloodhound in a Greyhounds body.

Though relatively new to detecting - 3 years now - I took Tom D's advice and invested in a F75SE about 10 months ago. A lot to handle at first, but with all the information available now through the generosity of those on the Forums, I was able to learn it pretty quickly. Last night, went two blocks from my home where a house was recently torn down and the ground freshly 'dozed'. In an hour of remaining light I found 9 civil war bullets, a button, a percussion cap, and an 1888 silver British six pence - this amongst all the nails and deep junk. The beauty of this unit is that you can try a number of settings to run as quiet or as raw as you like. I have learned to listen through 4 tone disc (around 6) and all metal at 99 sensitivity. Light weight, fast as can be, 40 hours on batteries (you forget how long ago you changed them!). I can run ultra slow and clean everything from a site, or change settings and breeze through when time is short.

I own a CZ5 that I really like, but a buddy has it on long term borrow, an Eagle Spectrum and a Compadre. Traded an MXT and a Bandido 2 uMax for the F75 and rarely if ever take anything else out in the field. Would love to try the Fors Core and the Deus, but I know the F75 is telling me everything that's in the ground below me - it's up to me to be diligent and discern what it's seeing.