Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New detector in Massachusetts

ancummings

Hey whats up guys, I'm new to this site and am going to be starting up this hobby once again. Back when I was 15 I got a cheap metal detector and spent all summer using it in my yard in NH. I found tons of coins (mostly 1970's on, and even a civil war token from the 1860's in my grandmothers house in PA). I kind of lost interest, as I wasn't really finding much after awhile, probably due to the fact that I only really hunted in my yard. For some reason I suddenly got the urge to buy a metal detector and start hunting again, as I remember how much fun it was, so I just ordered the titan 3000 xd. I am now living in Worcester, Massachusetts and can't wait to get out and use it. My girlfriend lives in an old house from the early 1800's with a barn that was used as a school, so thats the first place I am going to hunt. I am very excited, now I just have to wait for the damn detector to come. Oh well I'll stay occupied with this message board. Hopefully I will find some really cool stuff throughout the summer, and I look forward to sharing my finds with you all. Happy Hunting!

hi ancummings, and welcome. there's no telling what you'll find in that old mass. yard! hit it hard and dig every signal, i'm sure there's some old silvers or coppers just waiting for you to dig up. keep us posted! hh,

Hello and welcome! So ya got the md bug, congratulations! Hope to see some pics of your finds soon.

HH, twalton

Good luck in your new endeavor. You made a good choice in a detector. I have the Titan 3000XD and the 4 inch and 10 inch coil besides the standard 81/4 inch coil..The detector will take a slight learning curve but will detect with the best of the single frequency detectors. If you have any questions on detecting with the Titan I will be happy to help you if I can.

Welcome back to the hobby (addiction)...While waiting for the "BROWN TRUCK OF HAPPINESS" (stolen from another poster...lol), may I suggest you find the Sanborn maps for the area that house is in...They will show where old wells used to be, and anything else that may no longer be on the property...The research will most likely pay off in knowing where to hit the hardest when you hunt the site...good luck, and I am sure there will be some great finds there...let us see them when you get em all cleaned up....

HH,

BH-LandStar

thanks for the advice...I know that there is an old well in the front yard, and I believe theres also one in the back. The front well actually has an interesting story behind it. Apparently in the 1800's (not sure exactly when), the owners of the house at the time had family over on christmas day, and the grandmother wandered outside and fell down the well and died. Also, The basement has a dirt floor. Would it be worthwhile to detect down there?

Heck yaeh!!!!...Hit that dirt floor hard...I have heard a lot of good stuff coming from dirt basements....Just don't bring the house down...lol...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Pound that dirt floor good, check anywhere that old caches may have been hidden!!! Lots of luck. HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

Yup...check rafters, walls, doors, etc....People used to hide things in some strange places....Just ask yourself where you would hide something you did not want found....

HH,

BH-LandStar

The Titan 3000xd is arriving this thurs!! Hopefully I will get the chance to use it then. In the meantime I just picked up the 2009 Red Book. It looks like it will be a huge help at identifying any coins I find (Assuming i do find some haha)