Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Delta on its way - Please help me set it up

bobbydadario

Hi All.

I ordered a Delta 4000 today. It should be here on Friday. Any advice on how I should set it up? What sensitivity do you run it at? Where do nickels hit? Any tips or tricks? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks to all who gave me advice on selecting the Delta. The way the economy is right now, I felt it might be more prudent to spent $279 vs the $599 for the Omega. I hope I didn't buy a 'toy' detector.

Bobby

Bobby, you didn't buy a toy detector. It's so easy to hunt with, a caveman could do it! :rolleyes: Turn it on, hit menu, hit the minus sign and hunt. What I just told you was to hunt in discriminate all metal. This way you can hear everything that's in the ground but you'll have the three tones and the ID to let you know what you're probably over. Default sensitivity is 8 and you'll probably be able to bump that up to 9 or 10, maybe even 11. Worry about that later. If you're hunting relics and they're deep, use true all metal. Accessed through the menu key. Nickles are 58 give or take a number..probably more variation in trash. GREAT inexpensive detector. If you can justify it, try to score one of the 11" DD coils. This ought to get ya started...now just have some fun!!

Thanks Brad,
I have read your opinions and field test and this has helped me with my decision. I miss having fun while detecting... using the Explorer XS was painfully slow for me. I plan to use this detector primarily for finding coins. Do you toggle between Disc and all metal? It seems that you can set-up individual sensitivities. Do you scrub the coil on the ground or keep the coil raised a bit? Thanks for the heads up on the dd coil

The Delta is one of the biggest "bang for the buck" detectors out there. You made a good choice...I prefer the Omega, but the Delta is one the easiest "true" turn-on-and-go machines ever. I think a lot of us like to think we have to fine tune everything to get the maximum benefit...the Delta just plain ol' WORKS! Good depth, great ID system, monstrously powerful all-metal mode! You've chosen wisely! :) Like Buckeye said, "have fun!"