Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New CZ-3D

cotton

Are the new Cz-3Ds as good the older Cz3-d, Are the older ones better than a Cz-70.I have never used a 3-D,Thanks for any input.........Cotton

When FTP took over Fisher, the consensus was that the older model CZ-3D, those starting with serial number 1021 and 1121 were correctly calibrated. The newer serial numbers from FTP were not.

The question is, are the newer serial numbered units from FTP, say from 2008 and 2009, being correctly calibrated at the factory, or do they still have to be sent to the detectors's designer to be calibrated correctly?

Put another way, do I still have to buy a used CZ-3D to get a correctly performing one, or can I trust a new First Texas Products model?

HH
Mike

n/t

Personally have used one of both and saw no difference..Perhaps disgruntled Ex employees started these rumors and may or may not be improperly tuned variations of either..
Lets face tech's have standard procedures for tuning and new or old would use these spec's one would imagine...

Totally agree with Dan. I'm sure there are good and bad of each like with every detector, but I hunt with guys who only use the 3D. My new one and their new and old ones are all the same. Some a little deeper than others, again, like with any detector. I hate seeing the for sale ads where a guy says 1021 series or whatever, like that's the one you gotta have. Or when one is listed, where everyone asks what serial number it has. A late model one that I got for practically nothing air tests a dime with high tone at a hair over 12". Like to see a 1021 series do that.

I know my brand new 3D only air tests a dime at 8" I wonder if I send it to Tom if he can tune it to do better?

A while back Tom gave setup for CZ3D and about 10-11 inches on a dime with his settings. I understand the factory uses a pre 1983 penny and 9-10 inches for its tests on CZ's...would appear your unit is a little light rel depth...again all CZ's vary a tad and some just hotter....

I would give the factory a shout first and just listen. If that is going to turn out unsatifactory, then I'd contact Tom about getting a personal calibration.

You know, this pre and post CZ calibration issue didn't just materialize out of thin air. There was a big enough difference between the two that it developed into something to watch out for. A statement of "all the same, some a little deeper than others, like any detector" and the difference happens to be 2 to 3 inches deeper on a dime is a big deal that shouldn't be shrugged off as of no consequence.

HH
Mike

Nobody would sell me a 1021 unit so I called Fisher before I bought my new 3D last month and they claimed there is no difference between the 1021's and the newer ones. I asked Kellyco. before I bought the unit and they claimed the same thing they all have the same specs. Well, my unit only air tests a dime at 8". There are guys on this forum that claim they have new models and they get just as good depth as the 1021's. Mine isnt one of them. I think I believe what Nasa Tom has said in the August '08 post regarding this matter. The new Fisher just isnt making them like they used too. Winter is well under way up here in Michigan so I have only got about 6 hours on the 3D so far and wont really be able to use it to much till spring. I have however found Wheaties down around 6-8 inches that really rang out loud.