Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New CZ-21 on its way

sport.pilot

OK - I have my first water detector on its way. It is a new Fisher CZ-21. I am excited about this and I would like to learn how to hunt in shallow fresh watter (lakes and rivers) and in/on the ocean beaches as well. I do not want to hunt (at least for now) any deeper than waist high. Can anybody suggest good books, videos, DVDs. etc., and web sites that will help me learn the basics of water hunting and beach hunting? I have metal detected for gold nuggets, meteorites, and coins in AZ and CA for years, but never have tried water/beach hunting, and I always wanted to do so. I live part time in Sacramento, CA - not far from the Bay area and places like Santa Cruz, Stinson Beach, Bodega Bay, etc., and part time in Golden Valley, AZ (close to Bullhead City, AZ and the Colorado River as well as Lake Mead). So, there is a variety of environs available to me, I just need help getting started and I do not want to develop any bad habits. Thanks to all.
Darryl

Check out the beach and water / scuba forum here at findmall.

surfdigger has done some recent tips videos. oldbeachnut has some nice videos posted too. Others do too, but those two have been more prolific. Read some of the discussions on scoops and what people wear (boots, dive boots, waders, wetsuit, drysuit) and see what options fit for your hunting conditions.

cjc (clive clynick) has some posts there and also has some books out that are very good. Some of the forum sponsors carry some of his books. Some of the material he writes is detector specific, but what he writes about reading beach conditions and many of the hunting techniques are applicable to the use of any model of water proof detector.
Cheers,
tvr