Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW 1270

BRUSH HOG

Hello Everyone: I'm new to the forum but been beating the brush and dirt fishing since 1968. I'm always looking forward to learning something new! I just purchased a 1270 this week, been using a 1265 for many years now as well as mumerous other machines. I'm just looking forward to any "tricks" by any 1270 owners that may help me speed up my "learing curve" with this baby,as this old dog is always looking for new tricks. Thanks everyone!

Do a lot of experimenting with settings and spend the required time to learn it is about the best answer I can give you on the 1270. Coming from other 1200 series detectors you should not have much of a problem. I run 95% of the time in iron disc and keep it set as low as I can tolerate for the site. Unreal depth on the small brass and if there is little iron around set the disc down to around 4. Most nails will double beep at that setting which is all the ID you need on them rascals and the increase in sensitivity you wil get on the small stuff is unreal. At sensitivity settings around 8 I get some chatter at some sites, reducing the detector volume setting to around 4 and readjusting the headphones has usually cleared it up nicely.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with it.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the insight and info. I'm off this morning to a Civil War cav site and bringing 2 other friends along, one with a Tesoro and another a Garrett. I'll let you all know how well she does. Many thanks, Jeff

Well I'd like to thank you, Tom, for your suggestions. I recovered a nice Union breast plate, but no hooks, a beautiful 1853 large penny, an 1853 1/2 dime and an 1863 civil war token, 2 large New York coat buttons, 2 small cuff buttons, 2 Sharps bullets, 3 dropped 3 ringers, a 44 cal. pistol bullet,and an iron buckle. I'm very impressed with the 1270's performance. It really is superior to the 1265. Great forum too! Thanks, Jeff

my address for the breast plate is:
just kiddin!

Congratulations.. I can't imagine how it could get any better than making those kinds of finds on a first outing with a new detector!! Union camp??

Tom