Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never say die!

Dan-MO

I ran into a old high school friend today-an old football teammate and we visited and talked for the first time in years . This has been on my mind most of the day and I thought some might be interested in a old football story.

When I was in high school I played several sports but was probably best in football. I know Wayne played hockey and Fred was in the rodeo circuit and maybe some other members of the forum were involved in competitive sports.I know some may disagree with the competitive nature and attention payed to athletics on the high school level

nowadays it is 'every child is a winner' and it seems as though schooling is geared towards the lowest common denominator.

Good story Dan

Calm seas

Mikie

not everybody wins and that message is being dumbed down by modern educators it seems.

I never played any sports, my grades were not good enough but I was a scrawny runt back then and it probably kept me alive.

I think quiting is for quitters

be lucky enough to get several players with your attitude and they make their mark bigtime!
Thank you! I enjoyed your recount it brought back memories:clapping::clapping:
Wayne

the way you were taught, wounded and all! I just hate it when the players get so wrapped up in the competition, that they team up on the good players trying to get them out of the game by injury, not by out playing them. That's exactly what they tried to do to Darren McFadden this year. Knowing he was a going to the draft, they just wanted to INJURE him. The players would forget about all their positions they were supposed to play, and gang up on him. At least before they got rid of one of the most excellent coaches Arkansas has ever seen, he made the decision to try protect him by not letting him play as much as usual on his final game for Arkansas.

To have coaches or teachers were positives in our life, along with parents who loved us are truly a blessing! I had my favorites too. If your stories are any indication of how you turned out, then they did an outstanding job. I have known how special you were from the first time I read a post from you!

Thanks for sharing this story with us. :)

Not only was I feeling your pain and joy, I was re-living my own and similar H.S. football games.

Thanks.

It's the only way to live your life with dignity and at the end of the big game when your going out of the stadium and the replays of your whole life are flashing by, It Will Hold Your Interest!:angel::clapping::thumbup:

Be Bold, Take Chances,

BDA:cool:

I learned on the football field. Like you, I came away with a deep sense of who I am.
My wife tells me I am a bit of a joker because of my sense of confidence. Don't know about that
but I do carry with me memories of my football years in high school and I wouldn't trade those
experiences for anything. I was a mediocre player but that was not from lack of trying. I saw
alot of play and like you, had two great coaches. When I say I was mediocre, it wasn't from
lack of effort or heart......it was my size. I was on the slimmer side for football. But man I
loved the game and never missed a practice or game. Thanks for the memory jogger.