Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never found a bullet before. Found 3 today?

stikman

Today I found my first bullets. Two for sure, maybe 3. I'm not sure that these are old, but they are better than a clad penny. I'm not sure if the center one is a bullet or not. Does the big one look like Civil War era? I'm in NE Kansas, and these were just up the hill from where I live, in a beanfield. It wasn't somewhere that I would normally have hunted, but my brother-in-law was arrowhead hunting and I figured I'd tag along. He found quite a few pieces of arrowheads, but no complete ones. I found a couple of buckles and half of a horseshoe too.

No pics...can't help. TomB

The bullets have been in the ground a while, but I agree they are modern. The larger two ringer has crimp marks in the rings which would tell you they are post civilwar. That method of loading a bullet did not come along until after the war.

Thanks for your input. I'll keep searchin', and I'll have something neat to post on here one day. You just wait.:crazy: