Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

never coin shot spot

shakerdave

Well looking at all the posts of cool stuff you are finding and I got the thout to try some deceting other than on the streams for placer gold. There is an old school that is used for meetings now hasent been a one room school since the late 50s has a open weed filles feild around it never seen anyone decting around it middle of nowhere Alaska. My queston is I have a Gold Bug 2 With a 10 in and a 6 in coil I have the six on now should I put the ten on for this coin ring hunting? Would I get more deep trash with it? Should I run with Iorn Discrimate on or would I not get coils if I do? This place could have not had a moredern dector ran over it but will have lots of trash as it is next to the new school bult in 1960 or so any tips? Thank you all.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR SPELLING.I SURE WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU WHEN YOU TURN THE OLD SCHOOL YARD UP SIDE DOWN..THE LARGER THE COIL THE DEEPER YOU GO,THE SMALLER THE COIL THE SHALLOWER YOU GO,BUT THE MORE YOU CAN SEPARATE THE JUNK FROM THE GOOD STUFF..MAN ALIVE WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY YOU HAVE..GOD BLESS..HENRY.....PS:WHO CARES HOW YOU SPELL GOLD,,WHEN YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR HAND-HA HA

What I would do: ( I have a Gold Bug 2) Go over it with the small coil first with iron disc. and after no more signals left then go again with the large coil to get the deep stuff missed the first time around. When no signals left with that one you could use it again without the iron disc. You should get it all or as close to all as we can get. After nothing left try again when you have a good weather change and you may get more. Hope this helps.

Thanks pennies I suck at spelling! This is a big area around this old school and I have never seen anyone M/D around here at all my friend just got a new digatal camera hope to borrow it to post finds. Prob have to wait for the newness of the toy to wear off a little tho.:please:

and set the disc low. Lots of good stuff in the junk! GO FOR IT!

Dave