Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL & Cors the same????

wyohunter99

I am mainly looking at the 5" coils the NEL sharp & the Cors point. Are these the same coils? Have any of you used either? Thoughts?

If you want the best then forget the rest. As tiny coils go you will pay more for it but you'll get more out of it...Sunray X-5. Don't skimp on this,if you have to save,then save. Build quality,depth and accuracy of ID cannot be matched,IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A 5" COIL,IMHO.

I personally have not used either. There are videos on YouTube showing different small coils and things about them. I know the NEL Snake on the etrac is off on ID if run at different noise cancel channels...and if you hunt by numbers that can be tricky if you don't check the channel number. Stuff like that doesn't happen with the Sunray anyway. It could have something to do with the type of wire they're wound with or other factors. The cables on the Sunray are really high quality,the coil cable on my Detech Ultimate is a POS...cheap and stiff. I like the coil but there's a certain "cheapness" that the Sunrays don't exhibit. Put it this way...if you DO get a different brand other than the Sunray,it MAY match the performance,but I'll bet the farm that it won't EXCEED it. Being that as it may,with the Sunray you then have the nice cable and correct ID. With the others,probably not so much. Maybe someone else can suggest what to get....

I have heard you can correct the ID by changing the noise cancel number. I may look deeper into the x5. They do seem to get a lot of good reviews. Thanks again

IDXMonster said:
If you want the best then forget the rest. As tiny coils go you will pay more for it but you'll get more out of it...Sunray X-5. Don't skimp on this,if you have to save,then save. Build quality,depth and accuracy of ID cannot be matched,IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A 5" COIL,IMHO.

I could not agree more.

Thanks guys, I actually stumbled upon a barley used X5 cheaper than a new NEL or Cors! Hopefully it will help me in the trashy spots!

wyohunter99 said:
Thanks guys, I actually stumbled upon a barley used X5 cheaper than a new NEL or Cors! Hopefully it will help me in the trashy spots!

It will and you will really like using it. Be sure to swing slowly as it is awesome picking targets out between the trash and iron. I use mine all the time.

cz70pro said:
wyohunter99 said:

It will and you will really like using it. Be sure to swing slowly as it is awesome picking targets out between the trash and iron. I use mine all the time.
Sounds good!

Yes... They're absolutely the same coils. The manufacturer has just decided to market them with two different brands but they are equal.