Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need SOME Help!!:surrender:

passfinder

I just got a good deal on the fisher 1280x, I would like to start diving ,is the hookah a good way to start?
are will tanks be better is it hard to get certified:surrender:

Hey passfinder, I haven't used hookah except in gold bearing streams while dredging. I scuba with my Infinium LS, the certification is not very difficult to achieve. I have my open water cert, through SDI (scuba diving international). The great thing about learning through SDI is the fact that you don't need to learn all the algorithms tables etc although for personal safety I reccommend that you do learn them. You are trained utilising PDC's (personal dive computers), they keep record of every part of your dive, tell you when you need to have your safety stops upon surfacing etc. I love the freedom of not being hooked up to a device, you can move with ease. I have only done 4 solo dives all up. The last 2 were in an estaurine netted swimming enclosure and I got 3 rings, 1x 925, 1x Stainless(lovely ring) and 1x 375 gold with diamond simulate also a pretty ring. The only personal gear I own for diving is a 3mm shorty suit, fins, dive boots, mask and ultra dry snorkel. I hire 2 full tanks, 5mm wet suit (full length), BCD, regs and occy, PDC, weight belt, although I do have my own, extra weights, and any other thing you need for $60 a day. It costs $7 to get a tank filled while down at the coast. I reckon I can get 4 dives in with ease in the enclosure as it's greatest depth is 4.39 meters. I'd personally go for the scuba cert, that way you have both options covered. Hope this helps you mate. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

even if all your going to use is the hookah system you can still get into trouble under water and at 40 or 50 ft that some will let you dive
to it could kill you so yes get the cert. as it may just save your life!!!!! also that way you can rent the dive equip. when you want to dive a site that might be just out of reach of the hookah system,rember ALWAY be safe while diving

PASSFINDER, I'VE BEEN DIVING ALMOST 30 YEARS AND WAS CERTIFIED AS A NAUI INSTRUCTOR IN 1979. AT LEAST TAKE A BASIC SCUBA COURSE
EVEN IF YOUR USING A HOOKAH SYSTEM , YOU ARE STILL BREATHING COMPRESSED AIR. THEY WILL TEACH YOU THE BASIC SAFETY KNOWLEDGE.
THINGS LIKE, IF YOU ARE IN 5 FT. OF WATER, ON THE BOTTOM, AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND HOLD IT, THEN SURFACE, THE AIR IN YOUR LUNGS
WOULD EXPAND AND DAMAGE YOUR LUNGS . IT IS DANGEROUS, EVEN IN SHALLOW WATER. THE DANGER GETS GREATER AS DEPTH INCREASES.
IT'S GAINING THIS BASIC KNOWLEDGE THAT MAKES DIVING SAFE. THIS IS ONLY THE VERY SIMPLEST OF SAFETY LESSONS LEARNED IN A BASIC
DIVING COURSE. THE # 1 RULE OF DIVING " NEVER HOLD YOUR BREATH WHILE BREATHING COMPRESSED AIR ".

PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE, TAKE A BASIC DIVING COURSE BEFORE DIVING. LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IS WHAT MAKES DIVING DANGEROUS.

HOW do you like your detector.the LS, i just got the sea hunter mark 2,what do you think of the sea hunter.how much better is the LS!!

RE: LS It's the best detector I've ever used in all honesty. I believe from experience that it will beat the MK2 for depth and sensitivity. The reverse disc is great, and the dual tone brilliant. However, the MK2 is still a great detector! learn it, trust it, and you can't go wrong. Your finds will pay for a new LS in time if thats your desire. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: