Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some advice, taking Excal (The big sword) with me to Puertorico

newtohunting

Hey everyone,

Just booked tickets for Christmas to Puertorico. Taking Excal with me while better half lays out on the beach. Need suggestions. Called airlines and they said no problem getting detector on plane. Anybody have any advice as to how to protect excal while flying. Thought I would break her down into sections like when she first arrived to me, and then taking her on board as carrying on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Either get a gun case or a Bow Case from Walmart to pack the Excal in. I use a Bow case but I take more then one detector, or if you have a big suitcase just pack it in the middle. I have a travel scoop etc, so I usually take a couple of suitcases to pack my stuff in.....Geo

Nice going on the trip to PR - glad it worked out for you, sounds like a heck of a fun place to spend New Year's Eve!!

That's how I did it. I wouldn't let it out of your site or it will quite possibly get gone. Carry on is best. I have a little carry on that fits the detector and a few things more quite nicely.

What are you planning on doing for a scoop? Obviously you can't take a long handled scoop with you...are you bringing a hand scoop?

Actually Mike, I have a 5 inch bucket long handled scoop that fits in a box nicely. Airline allows me 2 bags and a carry on. Was planning on bringing carry on (the detector) and the scoop fits into a nice square box. Or, I also have a 6 inch 2 piece scoop, the scoop itself comes apart at the bucket. Put the bucket in the bag, fill it up with clothes, put the handle a in a carry on box. Actually works perfectly.

Thanks for the great info. I will head to Wal-mart to check into that. Think I will probably carry it on. Just means checking in an additional hour earlier but the excitement is worth that 5 fold.

Gary

Nothing wrong with that either - so how many hours of detecting do you think you can get in during those 4 days? I'm guessing you're gonna come back as one big prune - hehe.

Let's get together and get in some hunting as much as possible - every bit of practice takes you one step closer to getting the really good stuff!

I agree, sounds great. Have to figure out where to go. This weekend have to heat to Maine because girlfriends friends invited us. I told her after this weekend, no more traveling or spending $$, so we can hunt some before I head out for Christmas. I was telling her, no more traveling to Maine and spending $$. She agreed. In other words, out of commision this weekend, butthe next weekend, you and I are on.

Gary, Best check with your airline before you show-up thinking you can carry on. Took my excal to Cabo in spring in soft case and they made me put in baggage (Alaska). Was sick to see it go below but it worked out ok.
Bought a Pelican 1700 hard case from Kellyco and hollowed out to fit my disassembled 1000 and all misc stuff. This case is near bulletproof yet not too heavy..has small wheels and handle to roll along. Cut down handle on my ss scoop a tad and slide into my golf bag with clubs.works fine. Good luck! Gary A

Hey, thanks a million and a million again for the messeage. The airline said no problem as carry on but I think the airport might be the problem. Plan on seriously checking all avenues as well as buying a case.

Thanks for the really great info,

Gary