Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need program suggestion for XP Deus - Coming from MXT and T2

screwynewy

Hello there, I just bought a nice used XP Deus and I am eager to get out and swing it but as always with new detectors there is that learning curve to overcome. I got started detecting a couple of years ago with the MXT which I became very proficient with and last year picked up a T2 SE which I use in 2 tone and disc set just above all metal. I typically hunt colonial sites which are either open fields or woods. As you know these are full of iron but I don't like to disc out the iron for fear of missing a good target.

My question is what program would you experts recommend for me to set up the XP for these types of sites and how much different will the tone response be to what I am used to with the MXT and T2? Thanks for the help!

I have a deus. There are many ways to use the deus to hunt a site. I usually start with 12 freq, 3 tones with a tone break at 40 and 70 and run a disc of 3 reactivity of 2, sensivity of at least 87. If the iron seems to be heavy I will run back over some of the worst patches with reactivity of 3 with a real slow sweep. I'm sure others have their methods and will comment. As far as a tone goes this is where the deus gets interesting. Some targets will blast thru loud and clear while others will just be a nice gradual increase and decrease tone as you pass over the target. Some have referred to these as mouse whispers. To add I have found musket balls in areas pounded with white's v3i, etrac with 10x12 sef coil, CTX with stock coil and even a F75se with both 7x11 coils and 5dd coil all with various settings. And to be fair the F75se is no slouch, the tones are just harder to pick up especially with EMI present. Large iron will be your problem when you begin to use the deus. With time and looking at the horseshoe and listening to the tone you will learn to distinguish the iron from good targets. Don't be afraid to lower your reactivity to levels 1 and 0 as well. These will get deeper in the soil and will require a somewhat slower sweep speed. Some folks have got great results in high iron patches with reactivity levels of 3-5 and sensitivity levels dialed down to around 80 or so. The deus is real confortable to use in the field-the most comfortable as far as I can tell. Enjoy your new toy.

This are my tried and true settings for my trashy parks here in Kansas:

Deus Fast:

Change frequency to 12 KHz
Change Iron volume to 0
Change Audio response to 2
Set high tone to 792
Set mid tone to 400
Set low tone to 201
Keep Reactivity on 3
Set GB to manual and set at 85

Hunt primarily by tone, use VDI to isolate nickels (52 at 12KHz)

Thanks Pulltabminer. I just came back to this thread and saw your post. I'll give these settings a try tomorrow. What type of sites do you usually hunt?