Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need opinions please

qicpic

Well its time for a new dry sand Florida east coast metal detector I have narrowed it down to four machines, what do you guys think??

#1 xp deus (pricey)
#2 Soverign GT
#3 Blistool ( on wait list I think )
#4 Tesoro Outlaw ( really like the large coil )

I have tried just about everything else out there ( i need profesional help )

Thanks in advance for your input and Happy Hunting.

I would vote the Sov also

I would think about the Bliss, once tuned, a machine that goes beyond all others... My reasoning is, florida, tons of hunters, many very well experanced does not leave to many treasures...unless you can out depth them. Only one question, how trashy is the dry sand there?

Trashy!

The private beaches aren't so bad however, the public ones .......

I vote for the the GT!

Well, since you are an obvious addict looking for a fix, go with the Deus! :rofl: The stock coil is tiny, so covering a lot of sand would be sort of tough, but the thing is fast and light...just the fact that you threw it in here with your possibles says you want that one real bad! Let us know what you decide.
Mud

Would love a deus mudpuppy but with the larger coil that a big chunk of change especially in this lousy economy.
thansk for the input and HH

I know it didn't make your list but I have read some good info on the White's TDI, particularly the SL model. I beach hunt with the Sandshark but am considering the TDI SL as my next purchase. It's a couple of hundred more than a new Sovereign GT (I have owned this one and it is a great detector). I have read that the TDI is a deep-seeker.

For dry sand, I think it's all about coverage. I lived and hunted in Stuart and Jensen Beach and with the sand shifting during storms I don't think depth is nearly as important in the dry so my choice would be just about any White's machine with a BigFoot coil. You don't need a meter so even a Classic III with a BigFoot is great. Or anything between it up to and including the V3i. For the Wet sand, the Sovereign Elite or GT with the S-12 coil. Very deep and no Iron. Almost as most as deep as my TDI SL but way better discrimination on iron. Along with my TDI, I've also used (on FL east coast beaches) the HeadHunter PI, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's Surfmaster PI, PI Pro, and Dual Field. I'll still take my Sovereign GT in the wet sand.

If you are going to do dry sand only,I would buy an AT PRO. It go's deeper than " H ", it good in wet sand ,you can change coils and headsets at will,and it is light weight.

My friend I hunt with uses a Sov with a 15 inch WOT. He covers a lot of ground and doesn't miss much!

HH

In the water or out I don't want to waste time using just any detector.:thumbdown:

In the water Mr. Dual Field and on the dry Sovreign GT have both done a great job for me!!:thumbup:

Good luck in your search and hope you find the machine that's best for you,

CJ

PS Let us know what you decide gicpic.