Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need major feed back

relicnut

I'm thinking of trading for a f-75 ltd w/sun ray probe.i;am giving up a mine lab e-trac w/sunray probe and several coils.i have never owned a fisher so my big question is will the f-75 work good for coin hunting in yards and then relic hunting for c.w. relics.:confused:

Yes. Isn't hunting for coins and relics the same thing, essentially?

I use an F70, which is an F75 Lite. I've tinkered around with a T2, also. Depending on how you set the F70 up, it will do anything you want. It has a lightning fast response and is a breeze to handle.

The F75 simply offers more ways to set it up than my F70, but I know many people use the F75 to hunt for deep coins. Others use it exclusively for relics. But, the detector itself is able to be adjusted as needed, and coupled with the right coil, it can do about whatever you want. I'd suggest you have both the 11" DD and the 10" concentric. It could also be necessary to get the small sniper coil if you are to get into some heavily trash laden sites. I know one chap who is deadly with that small loop in city reclamation lots (Pete - you know it's you!)

From what I hear others say, the E-trac is basically a swing and watch detector. You are kind of along for the ride, waiting and watching for it to alert you. The Fishers are more interactive, and require you to both pay attention and know the reasons behind your set ups.
However I DO hear the E-trac can snag deep coins in trash better than most, so you may have to decide for yourself.

Don't sell that E-trac too soon, that's all I'm saying....

Hey Relicnut

If you are not hunting with the new LTD, your not hunting. I have been relic hunting for over 30 years and the F-75 Ist gen, and the LTD have been the GREATEST. I have been hunting my old and many others relic hunters camps that haven't been touched for years and are now like a virgin camp. This past weekend I was hunting with two other fellows with top of the line detectors, and I had a target for them to hear. Well both of them said they heard nothing, and unplug ed their headsets for me to hear. They were right, nothing, I did the same on the LTD and they were very surprised to hear such a loud target response. So I dug the target and at 15" was a flatten out bullet about the size of a poker chip, may have been, but most chips are made out of buttons, both guys shook their heads and walked off hunting while talking to themselves. I have been digging targets this deep and deeper in the Pb, 4 tones, 80 sens and 4 to 20 disc. The higher disc in areas that are loaded with iron, that the detector runs pretty quite and signals are just as nice as can be. Yes I have switched back to DE mode and can't hear it either. Oh by the way I got a real surprised, I got a TERRIFIC high tone at disc of 20, and at 10 " with a reading of a dead lock on of 81 up came a very nice 1924 standing liberty quarter. I was really hopping it was going to be a seated one, well next time..That shows me that this camp has been pounded for over 40 years by everyone, but no one ever heard this quarter and there were old holes all around it from the past hunters. Note" just take the time to learn this beast, and not always running it as hot as you can. Know your ground and set the machine up to match the situation. With lower sens and higher disc you will be amazed to what it will do with power in reserve. In learning this beast, always try different settings on targets you believe are deep or iffy before you dig, this too will surprise you and your learning curve shortens. Really true-fully talking Fisher could have just produced the LTD with just the 2 new modes and forgot the others. As you are learning and have some targets not giving you a good sound, switch over to the cl mode, and boom it is nice and clear with a better response. If anyone has any questions just email me for I have had a lot of hours on this TERRIFIC BEAST and just loving it. If you are a coin hunter the above still applies and it will do as well if not better finding coins in trash. I dug a 1862 gold dollar this past year with the F 75 in the middle of a bed of nails. I believe that the solders made a floor from ammo boxes and put their tent on top to them, for I found 4 differ spots about 5x5 foot in a row not far from some hut sites that were dug in the ground. Go figure but the dollar rang up in four tones, je mode, 99sens and 0 disc. In this same spot with the new LTD I can't run it that hot but I'm getting the same results with other non ferrous targets just no gold this time.

dirtdigger08 said:
Hey Relicnut

If you are not hunting with the new LTD, your not hunting. I have been relic hunting for over 30 years and the F-75 Ist gen, and the LTD have been the GREATEST. I have been hunting my old and many others relic hunters camps that haven't been touched for years and are now like a virgin camp. This past weekend I was hunting with two other fellows with top of the line detectors, and I had a target for them to hear. Well both of them said they heard nothing, and unplug ed their headsets for me to hear. They were right, nothing, I did the same on the LTD and they were very surprised to hear such a loud target response. So I dug the target and at 15" was a flatten out bullet about the size of a poker chip, may have been, but most chips are made out of buttons, both guys shook their heads and walked off hunting while talking to themselves. I have been digging targets this deep and deeper in the Pb, 4 tones, 80 sens and 4 to 20 disc. The higher disc in areas that are loaded with iron, that the detector runs pretty quite and signals are just as nice as can be. Yes I have switched back to DE mode and can't hear it either. Oh by the way I got a real surprised, I got a TERRIFIC high tone at disc of 20, and at 10 " with a reading of a dead lock on of 81 up came a very nice 1924 standing liberty quarter. I was really hopping it was going to be a seated one, well next time..That shows me that this camp has been pounded for over 40 years by everyone, but no one ever heard this quarter and there were old holes all around it from the past hunters. Note" just take the time to learn this beast, and not always running it as hot as you can. Know your ground and set the machine up to match the situation. With lower sens and higher disc you will be amazed to what it will do with power in reserve. In learning this beast, always try different settings on targets you believe are deep or iffy before you dig, this too will surprise you and your learning curve shortens. Really true-fully talking Fisher could have just produced the LTD with just the 2 new modes and forgot the others. As you are learning and have some targets not giving you a good sound, switch over to the cl mode, and boom it is nice and clear with a better response. If anyone has any questions just email me for I have had a lot of hours on this TERRIFIC BEAST and just loving it. If you are a coin hunter the above still applies and it will do as well if not better finding coins in trash. I dug a 1862 gold dollar this past year with the F 75 in the middle of a bed of nails. I believe that the solders made a floor from ammo boxes and put their tent on top to them, for I found 4 differ spots about 5x5 foot in a row not far from some hut sites that were dug in the ground. Go figure but the dollar rang up in four tones, je mode, 99sens and 0 disc. I this same spot with the new LTD I can't run it that hot but I'm getting the same results.
Im selling and saving to get me one, I know that.

thanks for the feedback, i went ahead and made the trade and ended up with a whites mxt and extra coil to boot:thumbup:,i owned one before and i liked it so that made the trade easier.i also wanted to state that on the minelab forums no one ever commented on their setting but on the fisher forums its a whole different ball game.i live in south central Missouri so if any one lives close give me a holler so we can get together.:detecting: