Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need input on the big foot

Chuck-AZ

I'm thinking about getting the big foot coil and would like to hear the pros and cons from the people that are using them, again this is a pricey item I would like to be sure it's a good investment. I'd appreciate any input. Chuck-AZ

I recently purchased a Bigfoot for use with my MXT. I have only used it a few times, but I really like it so far.

The coverage is great for wide open areas and pinpointing is accurate. It's turned up a few wheats, a junk ring, a rabies tag, misc. small items and a good amount of clad. I think the VDI reads slightly high in some cases and the sound when the back half of the coil passes a target takes some getting used to. I look forward to getting out to the soccer fields again for some more experience with it.

Chuck, as I remember, Treasure Mike finds all that gold jewelry with the Big Foot. He finds more than any of us. Rob

Best coil I have ever used for clad and jewelry hunting. Pinpointing is spot on target. Great on the beach and at sports fields. It excels in covering those kinds of big open spaces. On the con side- It is almost impossible to use in trashy areas. It is 18 inches long and in trashy areas you would be hitting several targets with each sweep. Target depth is about 2/3 of what the stock coil gets. I would highly recommend the Bigfoot to anyone who wants to search large areas in less than half the time it would take with the stock coil. If I could only use one coil- this would be the one. Hope this helps! Mike

n/t