Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED INPUT! EXPLORER VS F75

K! i have been detecting now for a good while, my dad was a Garrett dealer so i have always used Garrett's, i used the GTA 1000, until upgrading to the ACE 250, after hunting...everyday!..for a long time.. i have decided im really not finding as much as i should, the 250 just isn't getting me those deep signals i want to hit, and its just to hard to find a good deep signal near trash with that dang bell tone!, my dad will pick up sounds with the ID EDGE that my 250 registers as trash!..allot! now don't get me wrong, the 250 is a great coin shooting machine in trashy areas with the sniper coil on, but when you have the sniper on, it will only get about 3-4' MAX. i want to find those faint signals of something small...deep. when i do get a signal that i think maybe a coin..deep, or next to a piece of trash, (you know this iffy sounds that turn out to be a nice murc dime next to a pull tab!), i dig and dig, and the signal disappears..ALL THE TIME! This never happened to me with the GTA 1000. now if the area is clean...which it hardly ever is, you can get some good targets 6-8' down with the stock coin on.

i have concluded deep faint signal coin hunting around trash is IMPOSSIBLE to do with the 250, its just not made for this. so, i have decided to upgrade! i need a machine to find deeper targets but also has good target separation, and cut threw the trash. so i have narrowed it down to 2 detectors for what i want, EXPLORER OR F75. my father has tested both, and has owned a explorer. needles to say, he didn't like the EXPLORER, he has sold it and is now waiting for the F75 to come in. i trust his opinion, he has been hunting for 30 or so years so he knows what hes talking about. Right now im leaning more towards the F75, has anyone used both? what do you recommend? i see allot of people using explorers and finding allot of good coins. i am primarily a coin-shooter, and small relics are cool too. i have heard that the explorer is really best for relic hunting. but like i said, i see allot of good things on the forums. since im on a limited budget, this is going to be allot of money for me to spend on a detector...which my girlfriend is not gonna like, so i want to make sure i am going to get something that will work very well for me, without loosing any money. i want some input from other people as well, what do you recommend for what i want to do?
thanks!

I have used explorers on junky sites and have found them to be good at getting deepish coins close to rubbish especially the se. but not too hot on lower conducting thin targets , just my own opinion this by the way . Ideally you need to buy both detectors and find out which one you prefer then sell the one you dont!.. I would say go for an explorer SE its a lot better in trash than its 2 little brothers the xs and 2. Happy treasure hunting.....

I posted pretty much all of my thoughts on this over on the F75 Classroom forum. You can read them here http://www.findmall.com/read.php?35,531862,532216#msg-532216 if you like.

Hope this helps.
HH

As an Explorer has proven itself over the years and the F-75 is the new kid on the block and only time will tell..No I haven't used an f-75 but probably with the exception of a Nautilus have used a bunch feel the Explorer has the best guts of any unit I ever used had very little trouble learning it although its ergonomics need to be improved and of course a lighter Explorer would be nice..Lets face it the GTA you have used was never a depth demon and the Ace 250 is a nice unit for the price but if you wish to excell going to have to upgrade to a more expensive unit..and thats going to be your call..
A visit to a mult-line dealer for a look see or perhaps bring it up at a club meeting to see what works in your area will certainly help..

I haven't used the F75 but I used the T2. Since I'm a coin hunter, I decided that the T2 was a good relic machine. The F75 seems to be an improved version of the T2. After reading from those that have the F75, I believe it is another good relic machine.

I have had the F75 for awhile and have found some great finds with it. (A war of 1812 navy button, large cents, many colonial buttons, and musket balls) It is lightweight, very well balanced, has an easy to use interface with depth and confidence metering as you swing, and has a super fast recovery speed. The batteries seem to last forever with this machine and it has a backlight that is always on which helps a lot in low light or in the heavy pine woods to see. I just wish they would come out with a smaller coil to use close to cellar holes and between rocks and small trees on the ground.

[attachment 58567 Picture031.jpg]

I recently purchased the Explorer SE and like it's 28 frequencies, rechargeable battery pack, fully adjustable lower rod with the coil cable located inside the rod, noise cancel function, digital display mode which shows ferrous content and conductivity, and it's extreme depth. I just found this ornate pewter colonial buckle in Vermont this memorial weekend with the Explorer SE..

[attachment 58571 Picture033.jpg]

I think both machines have their purpose and can find some great targets and I will continue to use both.

H.H.
Rich

By the way I don't doubt that the F75 is a great detector made by Fisher, but what about customer service and repairs? Sorry to ruffle your feathers, that was not my intention! Last month I sent in my 1280X Aquanaut into "Fisher" sent back with a BH label explaining they will not fix out of warranty Fisher's. Was it received by the wrong person? I don't know! Two years ago I sent in my Quick Draw for repairs, sent back saying we don't fix detectors out of warranty! I was willing to pay for the repairs, so what's their problem? I will stick to Whites & Minelabs never had any issues with them only pleasent experiences.

Your post is on the Explorer Forum. Did you post the same question on the F75 Forum. Here avid Explorer users. On the F75 Forum avid F75 users. Best to post your question on the Metal Detecting Equipment Forum. Those folks are not all one sided.

This is the only problem with asking some info on stuff...you never know if your actually getting someone who knows what there talking about...
F75 IS A FISHER! and my dad has used a bounty hunter "big bud" for along time and finds some great finds.

I'll admit I have had no experience with the Bounty Hunter line. However, as you all know, First Texas now owns both companies. I have sent two emails to First Texas since I bought the F75 and they were both replied to within 15 minutes. Say what you want, but that is my kind of customer service.