Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need info for packing MD in luggage and hunting in SD around Black Hills

mariposa

Howdy all,

Long time since I've been on the forum and MD'ing much due to illness, etc. but I'm feeling better and looking forward to getting out more again. Good to see Bryce's contest - lots of fun. Anyway, I know that this has been discussed on the forum but I can't find it. I need suggestions to packing 2 MD's in my luggage on a trip to SD. I hope to put the main units in our carry ons and the coils in 2 separate bags to check in. The pointer will go in the carry on. I haven't be on an airplane for a long time and I have heard that pilfering luggage is still going on. Is there any travel insurance that will cover stolen items such as this equipment? It's about $1700 worth of equipment. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We're traveling to Rapid City and then toward the middle of SD to Mitchell and to Gettysburg (I think that is the city) and then over to the Black Hills area for 4 days to a state campground by a lake. Any suggestions on where I can go and hunt there is appreciated. I read the rules on hunting in state parks and as I understand it, it is ok if you do not dig up artifacts or relics. Please let me know if I am wrong about these rules - don't want to get in trouble or to give my fellow MD'ers a bad rap.

Regards,
Mariposa (Alicia T.)

Hi Alicia -

I asked some of your questions a few months ago, and you can find my March 1, 2009 thread by using the Search feature, and put in "Help With Carrying Explorer on Airliner". Hope the responses are helpful to you. HHing. Johnny