Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need ID help!!!!!!!!!!!

TNTCTR

I found this in a civil war camp area. I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this or has any idea if its civil period? Thanks for your help.

SWMO Mark said:
Looks to be a 1910-1920s style buckle.

Thanks for the ID help, Mark. The odd hole on the top side was throwing me off, just based my opinion on the same style script A on the early artillery buttons.

I bet you are right about it being turn of the century. Do you have any pics of something similar? Belt buckle?

It has the same hole on the bottom side. As if there a rod that slides through the holes to hold a belt or leather strap.

Regardless, Thats a sweet find ! I'd bet your heart was pumping !!! :clapping: CCH

The round piece looks like a curtain weight. I enlcosed a picture of what they look like. The buckle I believe is post civil war. Nice finds regardless.

The round item is a weight use in jacket to hold down the corners it was use on clothing before an doring the civil war the buckle sorry I can't help you with JimNCNY