Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with SPIDER BITE?

Hi. I was digging a HUGE hole in my backyard (my wolf died; we figure heart attack) and about 2-3 feet down I kept finding wood planks and glass jars. I was really intrigued by the way the dirt was really soft and crumbly like old wood. Almost like I had discovered ancient ruins or something. there were lots of holes and tunnels so to speak, and crevices. I layed down on my belly to reach down into the hole to feel the dirt, and something bit me. I have no idea what it was. Never seen anything. Immediately it started stinging. In a few minutes a large white circle developed around it, and by the end of the night it was a circle about 8-9 inches in diameter. The whole circle turned red, and I got to feeling sick. Sleepy and tired. Now it iches and burns. Any idea what it was? there were yellow jackets all around, but I know a yellow jacket bite well. Definately not a yellow jacket. Could a red ant do this? We do have those beautiful (but dangerous) cow killer/red velvet ants here, but I dont think it was that.
I brought my detectors up there (theres supposedly an abandoned gold mine behind my house) but didnt get anything but old tractor parts.

I lived in CA. when I was young and I remember digging under a play house us kids played in. We all scattered out of there when a whole bunch of scorpions showed up I guess we disturbed their nest.

spider bites usually don't spread out 8 to 9 inches. I'm assuming it stung or bite you on your belly. I got stung by a yellow jacket on my stomach one day while riding my motorcycle and I thought i was having a heart attack. Now I know why those rabies shots are so painful!

Not a doctor, but sounds like you're having an allergic reaction to whatever it was. Hope you live with someone. If it's not getting worse, might try benedryl or something. Probably would have been a lot less painful had you found a treasure of some kind. could have been army ants guarding the gold.

First thing I would look at is the bite with a magnifer. spider bites ussaully have three prick hole in a triangle. Ant have only 2 holes. I am no doctor but if it was me I would get it checked out.Getting sleepy and sick is not a good sign. If you didn't want to do that I would at less go to your local Pharmacy and ask them. My step daughter got bit by a brown recluse spider. She got sick and the spot got spongy.She had to get med's to get rid of them. It took time and still the spots are not as meaty. It was like it was eating the meat under the skin. like I said get it checked out these thing can effect you even down the road ,Joe

I live in NC, and I hear of brown recluse bites in these areas once in a blue moon, but I dont think it was. Brown recluse spiders (from all Ive read over the years... being a plumber I read up on them occasionally) usually live in attics and barns and basements. They usually are hidden, hence the name recluse. What ever got me (on the upper leg) was on the ground, in the grass, out in the open, under a tree. No scorpions here, but there WERE several of those huge black soldier ants there now that I think about it. I was pestering their nest earlier in the day, about 10 feet away. Those suckers are like half inch long! Its now an area about 10" long by 8". takes up half my leg. I may have to go to the doctor yet. (I just hate going to doctors).

Sounds a whole lot like a brown recluse and they ain't nothing to be fooled with and can have long range effects that last for many years. Better get it checked out before you really get in trouble.

Bill

You'd better get to the doctor before you wind up pushing up daisies. The longer you wait the worse it can get. You should have gone right after you got bit - having noidea what bit you. Could have been a black widow.

Problem with brown recluse - the flesh around where you are bit will start to rot away.

Bill