Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with settings for nugget detecting

Killerb6

I need help with using the T2 for nugget hunting. I assume the all metal mode is used, but the manual really does not say. Also..at what number on the display does the gold nugget register..somewhere beteween 20-25 maybe? Thanks for any help.

never hunted for gold but 20-25 would be in the iron range. i've only found 1 gold ring with mine and it was in the nickle range at 57. i may be wrong but i would think the disc. mode at no more than 40 would be better than allmetal.

there is no specific VDI number for a gold nugget. A very small nugget will probably hit in the iron range and a very large one should sound off like a silver coin. I would imagine hunting gold nuggets is alot like hunting gold jewelry if you want to find the gold you are going to dig lots of trash. Sorry I can't be more helpful but if nugget hunting was as easy as checking a VDI number everyone would be finding nuggets. If you have a good ear, most iron targets will have a broader signal than a nugget small enough to hit in the iron range.