Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help to ID a button found at a pre-civil war site.

Dan(NM)

I've been hunting an old fort site that dates from 1851-1862, we've been finding some pretty good stuff. Today my buddy and I both dug a button we cannot seem to ID. We were told they are kepi buttons, but, I cannot find any pics that match the ones we found, anyone have any idea what they are? Also found what I believe is part of a spur and part of an Epaulet(shoulder scale) and pieces of the shoulder scale we believe. Running the Nox 800 and it is tearing it up at this place so far.

Dan, My Kepi button from an 1842-'43 Dragoon site looks like yours except yours has lines & mine doesn't..Also found the Kepi buckle near it but not the other button.........
Sorry I can't help more!

Iowa Dale

Dale(Ia) said:
Dan, My Kepi button from an 1842-'43 Dragoon site looks like yours except yours has lines & mine doesn't..Also found the Kepi buckle near it but not the other button.........
Sorry I can't help more!

Iowa Dale
. Hi Dale, I appreciate your input, what does the Kepi buckle look like?

Dan, After getting the button out of the case & looking closely with a magnifying glass, I can barely see the lines on mine...........So it's identical to yours.
Hope this helps!

Iowa Dale

Dan(NM) said:
Dale(Ia) said:
Sorry I can't help more!

Iowa Dale
Well, I would post a picture, but since I got this latest computer I've not found a way that doesn't take me an hour to post a picture! I guess I'm just not very "computer literate"!

Iowa Dale

sgoss66 said:
Dan,
Cincen
I found one just like that, and it was also identified for me as a "Kepi button," for what it's worth...

Steve
. Thank you Steve, looks like the concencus is "Kepi"

Dale(Ia) said:
Dan(NM) said:
Dale(Ia) said:
Sorry I can't help more!

Iowa Dale
Well, I would post a picture, but since I got this latest computer I've not found a way that doesn't take me an hour to post a picture! I guess I'm just not very "computer literate"!

Iowa Dale
. Lol...I totally understand, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to computer stuff. Thanks anyway Dale.