Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help identifying foreign coin

ancummings

Found this coin in the park today. It is some sort of foreign coin and has no date from what I can tell. It was about 3-5 inches deep. Any ideas what it might be/ where its from? Thanks for the help! HH

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the coin you found is from Thailand. I have several myself without dates I collected from my military travels.

Yes you are correct. I just googled it and it is a 5 Baht coin from Thailand worth about 15 US cents. Thanks for the help!

If my information is correct, I believe that is a 5-Satang coin. The common currency of Thailand is the BAHT. Baht coins are usually silver, satang's are smaller coins, I pulled out an old container of coins I got when I was overseas and found a 1 Baht coin. I thought I had more, but my nephews got into my things when I was still in the service and somethings got lost. Here is a link that shows the different coins of Thailand.

http://thailandforvisitors.com/general/moneycoins.html