Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help fast!!!!

Diane

Going to Virginia for the weekend. Using the minelab explorer XS. Any idea as to how to set it in mineralized soil. Thanks in advance

Diana, just hold you detector coil on the ground, in a spot with no metal, and press "noise cancel". Don't move it until it stops beeping and you are ready to go. You should be able to find some nice civil war relics in Va. Happy hunting.

other detectors, power lines, radio stations, cell phones, all electromagnetic interference will. It is best to noise cancel at every site before you began to hunt. First set the sensitivity up high to make the unit very sensitive to all interference then hold the coil about a foot or more above the ground then press the noise cancel button and in about 20 seconds the unit will select the channel with less interference. Now lower the sensitivity back down to eliminate false signals. I have been to many old site inwhich there are many none repeatable signals that never lock on and nothing can be found for several minutes but as soon as I lower the sensitivity to 14 in manual mode, now the coins and buttons are locking on. Have fun in Virginia I hear the soil is very mineralized there but if the Explorer can handle the super salt water it can handle the soil of Virginia.