Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need advise

findit

you can say i am a bit obsesive compulsive, i started with a vaquero and loved it so much i bought a backup one that sits in the box. then i also bought a cibola and then a silver umax and you guessed it. along with detectors that i bought for family members that didn't use them i slowly started to sell some. i have come to the realization that i do not need nor am i ever going to use them all so i will limit myself to just two detectors. i will always keep my vaquero, so obviously i will sell the other one that i don't use. but as far as the cibola's and silver's i will not keep one of each so i have to make the decision do i keep one cibola or one silver umax? sometimes i feel with the vaquero, that i have the cibola with a manual ground balance. so do i really need the cibola? on the other hand i feel the cibola might be a little better than the silver so do i get rid of the silver's? what would you do? i definitly made up my mind that i will only keep two :sad: that is until the next time i get an urge :bouncy:

sell the cibola since its very close to the vaquero. the silver is a great machine and its as good as the cibola. it only lacks very slightly in the depth. good luck

I'd keep the Cibola only because it and the Vaq use the same coils. As mentioned by basstrackerman, the Silver is a great little machine, but it does take a different set of coils. Other than that, in my mind, it's a coin toss decision.
HH
BB

So glad to hear you like the Vaquero so much, I have one on order myself. Every detector works different at different locations - I am sure you used the Cibola and the Silver. I would keep the one that seems to work best for you. Myself I liked the Silver every bit and probably a little more than the Cibola. Like I tell folks it is hard to really put into words how good the Silver is, you just have to use one to see for yourself. In my opinion it is the best detector under $250.00 made (yes that includes the very popular other brand :)) Steve.

[quote BarberBill]I'd keep the Cibola only because it and the Vaq use the same coils. As mentioned by basstrackerman, the Silver is a great little machine, but it does take a different set of coils. Other than that, in my mind, it's a coin toss decision.
HH
BB[/quote] Thats a good point. But if he keeps the Silver you can buy coils for it alot cheaper than the coils for the Cibola. Steve.

While keeping the Cibola will save you a little on coils,

the Silver uMax will better compliment the Vaquero because

it offers a different way of hunting. The Cibola will bring more

money when you sell it. You will like having two machines

that can offer different attributes.

I have a semialr cituation with the Euro Sabre and the Eldorado.

I am going to sell the Eldorado, which is excellent. But I like the

Euro better. Then I will be left with:

The Euro Sabre, the Silver Sabre uMax and the Compadre.

The Compadre is probably my best metal detector.

HH,

I just stumbled across the site...

it's at

hetemeel.com

n/t

decisions decisions, i had a sovereign and sold that new also. too heavy for me. i prefer the v over the t don't ask me why. i have a set of killer bees new never used yet. i was thinking along the lines of keeping one vaquero and one silver. anyone else have any suggestions. the two vaquero's sound good also

Just add the Compadre. That's Tesoros best kept secrete.

Bad thing about the Compadre is, you may start to ignore

the V and the Silver.

HH,

Since the V and Silver run at different frequencies that seems to be the better combo for different hunting sites.