Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need advice on XS setup

xplorerxs

Hello all. It's been a while since I was out with my Explorer XS, so I'm trying to get reacquainted with it. All advice is appreciated.
My coins setup: I've rejected all iron, Fe coins, foil, crown, screw caps and tabs. I then did air tests in Advanced smart-learn to accept pretty much every coin in US: $5 gold coin, silver quarters, dimes and half, rings, both Indians, silver 3 cent, 2 cent, large cents, wheat and clad pennies, 1/2 reals, V nickel, buffalo nickel, war nickels. I've found all of these except the gold 5$ I used. Haven't dug any gold coins....yet...:)
So, with the above I'm going to a local old home site I've hit before with fair amount of trash and where I've found two 1/2 reals (about 6", close together), couple of mercs, couple wheats, a gilt flat button, large cent, Type I walking liberty quarter, never dug a nickel there, couple clads and misc relics and UMO's. I'm not too interested in relics as much as coins. I also found a couple local old camp sites (i.e. fire pits) out in the woods I want to hit. In early spring I'm going to hit some abandoned early home sites in Pennsylvania that one has to use an ATV to get to. Before I go to PA I want to get up and running again with the XS and my hunting skills.

Question then is if I go in with the above coins program, sens up to about 20 or so am I missing something in the setup? Like I said, it's been a couple years since I was out much and I'm not sure how I was set up before. I always had the feeling before that I was missing as much as I found. I do know that air testing last night showed a number of my coins had to be learned/accepted to give a signal. Any suggestions and recommendations?

Thanks to all and Happy Hunting!
Steve