Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need advice on a new coil for Explorer II.

Hatz

I'm brand new to this website and was wondering if anyone could direct me towards the right coil for my Explorer II. Later this month I am going to purchase a Minelab Excalibur through Sunray and they said they would give me a discount on any of there coils w/ the purchase. So I was thinking about the Sunray Stealth x-12 but I can't seem to find much info on it's performance. I see "sef" mentioned alot in other forums and was wondering if that's the way to go.
I was also wondering if there is a significant difference between the Minelab Explorer II and the new E-trac. Seeing as they both use the 28 frequencies to detect, how much better could it really be? Any input would be much appreciated....Thanks...Aaron

I wouldn't trade my X-12 for anything! I love it so much I even just traded my new Pro coil that came with my E-Trac for another one.

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the newer coils. The new coils have made the greatest leap for detecting in years. When you say significant difference between the to machine are you asking about depth? Depth wise you will always get that division between owners. Look at the SE vs the II they still argue about them. If not id say yes there will be some learning to do. Personally im waiting for the next generation before dropping the big money.

Dew