Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need advice on a Bounty Hunter.

lilmax25

I need advice on which one to get that is not a childrens toy and costs less then 100.00
Sorry if i cause complications and are picky but i dont have a job yet so.

You may find a few BH models under $100 dollars retail. But if you want the most for your money under $100, you may want to brush up on all BH models, then keep your eye on your local classifieds, pawn shops, Treasure Net classifieds, Craigslist or Ebay. Garage sale season is also upon us . The deals are definitely out there if you're willing to spend the time looking. GL, JJ

HA! i totally forgot about garage sales. kinda funny since I'm going garage sale shopping this weekend

A lot of Bounty Hunters have been got from Garage sales and flea markets according to the posts here...Many have picked up machines for as little as $10.00. The deals are definitely out there, but I think I have learned my lesson...I will not buy another detector site unseen (eBay or internet sales), unless I know it is new in the box....I would rather have the warranty or know the unit has not been tampered with or broken in some way...If the owner or seller will not let you test it out before buying...Be Cautious!!!

HH,

BH-LandStar

I recently bought a used BH Pioneer 202 (Quick Draw II) at a consignment auction for $25 and it works just fine. Used machines in good condition and sometimes new ones are out there for a fraction of the retail price. Also check the posts on the "for sale" forum here. Talk to friends and relatives and get the word out that you are looking for a detector and It will happen sooner than you think. I bet that there are hundreds sitting in closets, basements and garages that have gone unused for years just waiting for a new owner. Good luck and keep us posted!

HH, twalton

Tracker IV
Pioneer 202

I agree with you very much BH-LANDSTAR. Had the same bad situation you did. New in the box with warrenty will be the only way I'll purchase another on off of e-bay. If your getting a used one, unless you have delt or know the person hands on is the only way to go!

The Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 I purchased was at Wal Mart. Its been an excellent detector (my first) and having great finds with it since January 2008.

:bounty:

The Fast Tracker punches well above its weight. The circuitry - especially the Discrim - is awsome. However the build quality of the rest of the machine is in my opinion at least, awful; presumably that's how they produce them so cheaply. The arm rest is the first to go AWOL being of riveted construction as opposed to bolt and nut. The lower stem is only held in place with a single screw.

It makes you wonder how company execs hold down their jobs! Here's brilliant circuitry hamstrung by cheapo mechanics and all for the sake of a few nuts and bolts. Just as well I'm not the Chief of the Board of BH Directors! I sometimes wonder, whether or not , designers these metal detectors, have ever used one!

I have been thru two armrests and have now secured the arm rest with nuts/bolts. Then run the beast on Powerex 230/300mAh rechargeable that belt out 10.7volts fully charged and you have a metal detector that well outperforms most others. It's an awsome piece of kit! I work a regular 'beat' on the Dorset coast in England and am leaving for dead, some other guy using a Pulse Induction machine. Either he is a complete 'Richard Head' or my modified Dorset Rig is the best thing since bread came sliced. No, it's my rig and he's probably a 'Richard Head' anyway!

Good luck

John H

Don't forget PAWN shops!!! You can find some nice detectors there now that people are feeling the money crunch.

RR
[size=large][/size]

Went out with my brother inlaw this past weekend to find him a decent metal detector, turns out the best place and savings was BIG 5 They had the Bounty Hunter Pioneer Model SRP at $200.00 + on sale for $99.99. Lots of Bounty Hunter models are made exclusively for retail chains but still carry the Bounty Hunter name and are easly crossed refrenced to the Bounty Hunter Model. I'd also try Walmart, got my mine for $80.00 below SRP for same model in most other places. Check EBAY lots there. Good Luck and remember once you start to save some good treasure for us all. :laugh:

Swing that thing like it owes you money!

Boober61
:detecting:

A friend picked up a mint Tracker IV at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago for $45 and about a month ago I got a Fast Tracker at a local pawn shop for $20. I traded the Fast Tracker for a older Compass 100 khz TR but I used it a few times before trading it and found almost as much in clad coins as I paid for it. I was surprised at how well it performed considering they can be purchased for around $80 from some internet sites.

fasttracker.jpg

I just got a Tracker IV from EBAY for $89.00. Still getting use to it. The guy that lives behind me got a Whites coin master di5000 for $20 last year at a yard sale. I offered him a $30 profit but he wouldn't sell. Then I offered him $50 profit, he still won't sell. HIT THE YARD/GARAGE SALES!

I agree the T4's are great units and will do the job better than expected!!!. HH regards Nugget.

Garage/yard sales and pawn shops sometimes have some great deals on used detectors but your choices are limited. You also have to wait until a deal comes along or is found. First, you need to research and find which model is right for you. I would then recommend getting your chosen detector online at eBay or similar. If you want, you can also check out my used metal detector store listed below in my signature.

NOTE: I just found out yesterday that RadioShack is now selling Bounty Hunters as well as the new Teknetics T2!

Garage/yard sales and pawn shops sometimes have some great deals on used detectors but your choices are limited. You also have to wait until a deal comes along or is found. First, you need to research and find which model is right for you. I would then recommend getting your chosen detector online at eBay or similar. If you want, you can also check out my used metal detector store listed below in my signature.

NOTE: I just found out yesterday that RadioShack is now selling Bounty Hunters as well as the new Teknetics T2!

OOOPS! Forgot the signature!

I have found some on at craigslist.com if they have it in your area as well. Also saw a Discovery 3300 at Radio Shack for $299.00 on sale for $199.00, but my wife balked when I mentioned getting it.

Try this site to see where the garage sales are in your area.

http://www.garagesalecow.com/default.aspx

I own a bounty hunter quick draw 11 which my kids got me for my birthday. It cost over $200.00 not including the head Phones. After doing some research on different price points on the web, I was very surprised how cheap you can pick one up on Walmart.com. The same one my kids bought me was $50.00 cheaper. You can get a really great deal on one for your dollar. I didn't have to pay any freight charge by having it delivered to the Walmart next to my home. Check it out and you'll be surprised. I know this sounds like I'm promoting Walmart, but you will be very surprised at the prices.
I hope this helps you!