Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need a new scoop

captRobert

I was looking at the proscoop, Heavy Duty Travel Backhoe Beach Scoop. Anyone have that one? how do you like it? how solid is the handle? any wobble?

thanks

i love it. it takes a huge bite out of the bottom. it is heavy though i use a sifter to carry it on. it isn't indestrustable, however i have been using mine for 3 yrs with no problems.

i am currently using a proto type that has an angled handle.

[attachment 64611 scoopsifterampvibraproberesized.jpg]

the scoop that i have used for 3 yrs is this one.

[attachment 64612 rightsidescoopsized.jpg]

hh

A terrific guy who makes beautiful welds that last and last and last! You won't go wrong dealing with this scoop maker, whatever model you buy from him. Make sure to get a SS tip put on if you hunt in areas with a lot of rocks. The tip will wear out before the welds fail.
Take a note, Rob RCer. Even you couldn't break Bill's scoops.;) Well maybe you but nobody else.:lol:

Cheers,
BDA:cool:

n/t

I have a Babbs travel scoop it will break you before you break it. It will break down and fit in a suitcase for travel. 2-pieces, and he supports this forum, and is one super nice guy. HH

The scoop in my left hand is a knowck down travel scoop that has been to Mexico and back with me - sturdy and relatively light.
The Excal in my right hand is on a travel straight shaft that breaks down into 3 parts for easy packing, plus it has a knob cover.

[attachment 64657 P9040037Custom.JPG]

Bill shared some pics of his pirate loot with me and I was blown away. He's not only a fantastic fabricator but one darn fine pirate to boot!:detecting::thumbup:

Kewl,

BDA:cool:

Here is the scoop, shaft and guard I got from Bill Babbs at proscoop. I didn't get the stainless tip, here in Fl. where I hunt is mostly sand, but after 3 months I can see a little ware on the end of scoop. The scoop is 2 pieces and very tight, absolutely no wiggle.

[attachment 64659 wallacebrooksparkfinds054.jpg]