Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need a little Input

TwT

Hi, I have been looking into buying my first detector and can't figure out which will best fit my needs, seem all brands have some very good detectors that will fit my needs, I am wanting to buy a single detector to mostly relic hunt, but also want to hunt beaches and some prospecting, there are 5 models I have been looking at teroso tejon and Vaquero, white's MTX and Nautilus IIb and the T2... I heard the nautilus isn't very good at beaches but is very good on relic hunting... any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Hot on gold. Wide variety of coils available. Easy to learn. Well balanced. 3 hunting modes to choose from. I've had mine for 2 years and love it. Get a Bigfoot coil for the beach and you will be amazed at how much you can find. You will need a good pair of headphones with a limiter circuit. Shallow targets tend to be very loud. Hope this helps some. HH
Bill

I'll second that on the MXT...It's easy to learn & has three seperate programs...Not the BEST coin shooter but it's good. Not the BEST relic Hunter but it's good. Not the BEST Nugget Shooter But it's good...Bottom Line....It's the BEST all-around detector on the market to date...Tom

MXT is a great detector and the best Whites I have ever used. I have also used the T-2 and feel this too is a great detector and find it see smaller items then the MXT will. I feel the MXT will be easier to learn while the T-2 will see targets the MXT could miss.
Of the 4 detector you mentioned the MXT and the T-2 are the only 2 I would consider.

Go to the MXT forum take a look around also the M6 is a very good detector.
I would go with the MXT,M6 for the type of hunting you are into.
BUT THAT MY 2CENTS OF INPUT.
With any detector you pick tahe time to LEARN IT.

Swing low and dig deeep.CC

I have a T2 and absolutely LOVE it. The MXT is also a good choice but the T2 may be a little hotter on gold. The T2 will work on a saltwater beach but not well in the salt surf. I don't know about the others. At a FL beach this summer I used the T2 more than my Soverign GT BUT the Minelab was stable in the saltwater.
The T2 is a superb relic machine. It is light as a feather and four alkaline AA batteries will power it for 40 hours, the new Panasonic Oxyride batteries should run it for over 80 hours.

I mainly hunt relics and the T2 is my first choice. I also have a Soverign GT with a meter and S-1 probe and I have a Tejon. The T2 beats the others with ease. However... it take's a bit of learning. You will need to use it everyday for a couple of weeks minimum to begin to see the results that you want.

There is one thing that I feel is a shortcoming of the T2. If you are in minerals or trash the target ID number will hit all around in a range of numbers. My Soverign will lock onto one number and I was used to that. After using the T2 for a while you begin to learn when you are on a target worth digging. At first it is confusing though. It has several programs an all are good. The 2+ program seem's to be the best for relics. It will also give an ID number in all-metal mode.

The new Fisher F-75 may be a good machine too but I can't imagine it will be worth 300 dollars more than the T2.

Good luck...

Julien