Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need a Coil for my Conquestador

BAMofNH

Hi all, this is my first time to the Tesoro Forum. I detect with a Minelab SE and love it, but a couple of years ago I was given a Conquistador without a coil. I have heard good things about Tesoro and now want to take it out on a walk. I am hoping that you can all help me to make a decision on a coil. I like the double D on my SE and think that the Wide Scan coils at like that. Honestly I haven't a clue and am depending on you to teach me a little about the Tesoro line and maybe a little on the Conquistador too. Thank you all in advance for your input.:thumbup:

Haven't had the Conquistador, but applying thoughts garnered from the Tesoro's I've hunted with, I'd recommend starting with either the 8 inch round concentric or the 9x8 concentric. If you plan to hunt mainly trashy areas with it, the 5.75 inch concentric.

I have a Conquistador and have had good results with the brown 8" open center and the 9X8 spider, but often use it with the 7" concentric which gives nearly as much depth and handles trashy areas in parks etc. quite well - and as mentioned above the 5.75" is great for trashy areas, as well.
BB

First of all thanks for responding to my post. I have never swung a Tesoro and am very interested in doing so now. I've been reading posts here, was surprised of the depth tests, sounds like a great company that stands behind there machine and I'm getting excited to try it. Ok you both seem to be pointing me in the direction of a concentric coil. Where I have always had a DD coil, I have nothing to compare with. I do have a good understanding of both the DD coil and Concentric coil, just no experience. Can you tell me a little bit about why you both are pointing me in the direction of a Concentric coil. I really want to get something soon, just a bit excited. Thank you again.:)

Most of the areas I detect are fairly mild, ground wise so concentric coils work just fine. They typically (size for size) get a bit more depth in mild ground and discriminate a bit better, plus there are a lot of Tesoro concentic coils available.
BB

OK, with your help I have decided to buy the 8" concentric and give it a try. What I'm not sure is the 3' cord or the 8' cord. The end of the shaft (fully extended) to the connector is just about 3' and I am only about 5' 4", so I am not extending it more than the 3' it goes. I there any benefit to having the 8' cord. I myself don't see it but will wait for a comment and then place an order. Thanks once again.

For me, I've found separating targets that are close together seems better with a concentric on most detectors I've used that I've tried both types of coils on. Can also raise the coil to help isolate using the cone shape of the field to advantage. Raising the coil to exactly center a target when pinpointing gives a wonderfully accurate pinpoint and more target depth information too.

Other than the standard and 5.75 inch concentric coils, my favorite Tesoro DD coil is the cleansweep ... for doing just what it's name says on tot lots and sports fields that aren't too trashy. Looses a little depth but covers area.

Long cable is used for some of the detectors that could also be hip mounted. The 3 foot cable is right when you have a detector that isn't likely to ever be hip mounted. With the Conquistador, I think the 3 foot is what you want.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks a lot tvr, that clears up a lot and make a lot of sense too.:thumbup:

Thanks Steve, that's what I'll be getting then, either an 7 or 8" round concentric. Thanks everyone for your knowledge on this.

Thanks, I was told the 8" concentric was the stock coil and worked well with it. So I have decided to order it and start learning the machine before trying anything else. Thanks all.:thumbup:

I'm a couple of towns east of Manchester near RT101