Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need A Bigger Display Case!!!

protech

Some of the unique things found over the years.
[attachment 35662 displaycase032.jpg]

Only have around 80 or so gold left. Had some nice ones too including a 15g nugget ring. Last two yrs I sold just under $3000
in gold!!! Ready for this one that was when it was $465 an oz, could really kick myself for that!!! However gained midwest as a customer and they have been a damn good customer, so it's a trade off.

[attachment 35663 displaycase029.jpg]

Mike blue stone ring US Navy(too bad no name on it) Lots of old silver!!!
[attachment 35664 displaycase037.jpg]

Trying to figure out the best way to display my finds. Have more yet but really no room in this case!!! That's a good thing though!!!

That is the most incredible display of stuff I have ever seen. And this is all good stuff, no junk in the case. I hope I can only mirror what you have. I am full on envy. WOW WOW WOW WOW!

It's a nice display but I sold off a lot of my gold. I could have filled an entire shelf with gold!!! As I said before I scrapped just under $3000 in gold in the last 2yrs. Before that I sold off another 75 or so pieces. Man I had some nice ones I now wish I had photo's of!!! My advice now that everything is digital(take those photo's of your finds) if you sell!!! 99% of this is water finds. shh!!! lol.. (that's where it is). Have been detecting 18yrs but only realistically 10yrs of good hunting . Because of my previous job quite a few years of almost no detecting, now I regret that!!! Now that I am my own boss, I try and go whenever I can. I ask myself do I want to go to work or go hunting? funny the answer usually is go hunting!!! now i am working on rebuilding my collection again!!! It takes much more time than it used to (because of the extreme competition) to build it back but I am working on it. I am sure too there are a few guys on here that could easily dwarf my collection. just thought I would show how I am displaying some of mine.

good luck everyone!!!

john(aka: blackbeard)

I just finally got back in my wood shop after over two years away from it. I worked heavy overtime for two years until retirement, and then I spent this year water hunting all over the place.
So, I told the wife I would pay for my trips , and not use my pension or other income for it.
These are two projects I'm putting together. The cabinet is more of a sewing chest type, or storage for hobbyists. The pile of wood on the saw is actually an oak display case in process of assembly. I was surprised by your pic, as my case will look a lot like that. HH:thumbup:

This one is antique, was in rough shape(pd $50 for it). Got the glass shelves cut for $15 for all 4. Was thinking of looking into a cabinet maker who could build me a custom cabinet too.

I have hunted Lk MI, Huron, Erie, and a # of lakes all over lower MI. Cooling off fast up here, using 6ml westsuit now!! Things have slowed now swim season is over. Got to work a little harder for the loot. May hit Superior yet this year, defin a wetsuit in that ice water.

I hate that I even feel like I should mention this, but in today's world it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that displaying valuables like these might invite theft.

I wish I could believe it can't happen, but I'm pretty sure that with a little effort a person could track someone down by the internet and your display case could be an awfully tempting target.

I'm not saying you shouldn't display your finds because that's part of the fun of finding them, but it might not be the best idea to post a picture on the internet of all your stuff.

That said, as a fellow TH'r it IS inspiring and nice to see all the things you've found!! Keep up the good work, just be careful who you show and tell.

actually i usually have my gold locked down, house is alarmed too. the gold in there is just for the pic. of course a lot of the old silver rings have value too. that is why i chose to alarm the house, all of my equipment and finds are then protected. small price to pay for your investment. i have inexpensive camera's too that can be controlled by a pc. so i do take precautions, thanks for advice though.

Sounds like you've got everything under control - and I hated to even suggest something, but I'd hate for a newbie to see these all these phenomenal posts and start showing pictures of things they've found WITHOUT taking precautions!

As I mentioned before - to 99.99% of TH'rs, posts like yours are a great inspiration and boost to get out there!!! Beautiful stuff!!

thanks & that's true. you have to be very careful who you show your stuff to. like other's my finds are very sentimental and i am very protective of them.