Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neat Model Ship

Royal

I heck of a lot of work in that but I get he gets a ton of satisfaction every time he puts it on a lake. If you didn't have scenery to compare it to you would think it a real one.... Geo

he did a great job.like george said,if you saw it with out the scale of the surroundings you would think it was the real thing.

n/t

Somewhere I have the plans for the battleship USS Missouri, BB-63, in 100th scale. That makes the hull about 9 feet long if I remember right. It was over 24 years ago I started to build it and I carved the hull out of a solid piece of basswood. That's about when I decided metal detecting was more fun than boat building and the hull was bonfire material. Shortly after I scrapped the idea of building it, someone came out with a fiberglass hull for the Iowa class battleships, BB61-BB64, in 100 scale. If that was available when I started it, I probably would have went ahead and built the monster. I still had the motors that I bought for it up until a couple months ago. It's hard to believe it has been that long ago.........whew......

n/t

about 4 years ago. Nice 3 foot prop on it, and I finished it in winter. We have high ceilings here about 20 feet at the peaks. I was flying it indoors getting used to the new futaba controller and the cat was going nuts, stuff was flying all over the place, and the little women was not to thrilled about it. She was happy when I nail her rubber tree plant with it and snapped a blade. 2 weeks later I was back in action. It took a lot of practice to get it down to where I could do it right and it looked like I knew what I was doing. I had training out riggers on it at first, but those came off pretty quickly. I don't know what her problem was, I was dusting the place for her 3 or 4 times a day... Geo-CT

he had lots of space at the park,he couldn't get the right angles or something,he crashed it,now just in storage.He spent several hundred dollars on this model.I sometimes see people in the park flying the model airplanes while detecting.

I often stop to watch,looks like a fun past time. oj bc

n/t

farm so it would not scare the horses and I could fly it right by the house here. I though often about getting a gas one, but by the time you get them all set up, they are pricey. Some of the guys with the big gas ones and a lot of power can do amazing things with them.
The electric ones really didn't have that much power and it was hard to get out of trouble if your were in it. Thinking back, I had about 20 hours on it flying it in the house that winter. By flying that was up to the vaulted ceilings and then wander around in that space and come down to land on the carrier, That would be the wifes coffee table, then up on the mountain, a balconey we have that extends off the second floor, and then on to the main base which was the kitchen table..... I'm really surprised I didn't have to ahhhhhh, extract that chopter from all the fun I had with it.....

Geo-CT