Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nazi RIng?

protech

by the way my nickname of protech is my business. i am a computer tech, anyone ever need any help, ask me.

I found this ring around 6-7 years ago in lake huron about a foot deep in the heavy rock and sand.

here are some closeup's of the ring. any info appreciated.

[attachment 32595 skullring001.jpg]

[attachment 32596 skullring002.jpg]

[attachment 32597 skullring005.jpg]

[attachment 32598 skullring008.jpg]

Hi, I saw in another post that you said it said "Germany" somewhere on the inside (?). My guess is that it's a novelty ring and has nothing to do with the Nazis. Looks like there's a sword across part of the skull which to me makes it look like a "pirate"-like insignia.

I would have thought that had it been Nazi, there would have been a Swastika somewhere on it.

Of course, this is just my guess, so take it for what it's worth. Nice find anyhow.

actually looking at these websites now. it must be some other type of ring, it looks nothing like the ss nazi rings. still i really like the ring, it is very unique. thanks for all your info.
HH
john

The creature on the side of the ring is a griffin and not part of nazi symbolism. Eagle and vulture yes, griffin no. That and the lack of a swastika or SS symbol makes it highly unlikely that it would have any connection to Naziism. The way the skull and cross bones is attached to the body of the ring is also not what one would expect in a military ring.
The Outlaws have pistons instead of bones and no cutlass.
[attachment 32633 detindtn.jpg]
It does have a cool look to it though, especially the cutlass on the skull's cheek and the belaying pins underneath. It's almost like a brass knuckle, which would be pretty handy if you were the head of a press gang looking to shanghai sailors.

Cheers,

BDA:cool: