Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Navy photos loaned from a friend.. Ahoy There..

Ron J

My good friend Barry,was stationed on the Destroyer, Joseph B Kennedy,during 1967/1968. He shared these with me,to post for your viewing pleasure!In the two color photos,you can see its rough sea's! This is tricky maneuvering,cause if the line is too tight,it will snap,if the ships roll opposite of each other,on the other hand,if its too loose,the line slacks,and YOU get a bath! Barry informed me,this guy got wet! In the last lower left,the bow is submerged! The chopper is delivering love letters and dear johns to the crew![attachment 50227 ScannedImage-16.jpg][attachment 50228 ScannedImage-15.jpg][attachment 50229 ScannedImage-2.jpg][attachment 50230 ScannedImage-17.jpg][attachment 50231 ScannedImage-4.jpg][attachment 50232 ScannedImage.jpg]

why those ropes did not snap in the rough water, mighty heavy ships there!
Thanks for the pics.

a lot of "dear johns", but hopefully more letters and boxes of cookies and fudge for the most part! :)

n/t

men between ships? Medical? Your buddy took some great shots, tell him thanks!

Dave