Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My wife has questions about ACE250

GetRdone

My wife was wondering what kind of depth she could expect in the coin mode, coin and jewlery mode and the all metal mode, also was wondering if the bell=tone for coins was the same in the all metal mode. :rolleyes:

Bell tone is the same what ever mode you use. I have dug 8 inches for coins with the stock coil. I have dug coins 5 inches plus with the sniper coil. Depth is not a problem. No matter what mode you use it will go the same depth I have found. You will see in the field. Get a high coin hit. Then switch the modes. You will get the same beep even on deep ones.

Such things as oxidation on the surface of the target, size of the coin, mineralization or lack of it, moisture in the soil, junk in the surrounding matrix and size & type of coil all influence depth. Now, if you have low mineralization in your soil and using the stock coil, it would be reasonable to get depths on coin sized objects to about 6 inches. A lot more if it was a silver dollar or a pop can. hope this helps..... :)

<center>

Don't confuse all-metal with non-motion all metal, which DOES give better depth. The Ace's all metal is nothing more than accepting all metal to tone, the discrimination circuitry is still working as you can see the TID cursor illuminating. Disc on the Ace is nothing more than turning off 1 to 12 areas from annunciating a tone.