Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My week at the oceanfront now over-no diamonds:surrender:

wesbeach

I was out yesterday from 3:00PM until 8:00PM, and came away with a lot of change and one earring that looks like silver (I need to clean it up some) I went in at 22nd street, went north to the Cavalier, back south to the pier and back up to 22nd street. I found a lot of crusty coins, even a 1965 penny, but no gold.

Yesterday was my last day staying at the oceanfront this summer with 5 days of vacation so my run of hitting every low tide came to a close. From last Saturday to this Friday night, I caught every low tide whether it was morning or night and spent a lot of time in the water.

My feet took a battering this past week, so I will now slow down a little to allow my feet to recover. I will try to catch the low tides in the late afternoon and early evening, but I won't be able to catch the midday tides on weekdays or the early morning tides because of my work schedule. I had a great time this week and found a bit of gold and silver.

I bought a Presidium DuoTester off ebay that tests for diamonds and variants and it arrived yesterday. I tested all the stones from my finds this week in the earlier photos and found out all the clear stones were glass with no diamonds :shrug:. The one red stone was indicated as spinel.

I should have a gold tester arriving on Monday, so I will test the rings and items that look gold to determine their gold content if any.

My excal 800 had quite a workout this past week and it took it like a champ! I am amazed at what it found. Some of the coins I found were up to a foot deep and I had to really dig to get them.

Working on the honey do's myself for a couple of days. I need a jaunt south or west for a couple days.:detecting:
BUT, I also have plans on going to the Iowa state fair this week!:clapping:

Well what you have now is a real appreciation of the Excal and what it will do. And you're getting great depth too. So when your coil passes over the gold I have no doubt you will get it. Things are tough out there right now. They'll get better. We still have Labor Day weekend coming up and things will be good for a short time after until they get horrible. Then it'll be time to do my winter PMS on the Excal, hang it up, grab the Explorer II and head for the fields and the woods. :shrug:

Actually, I am also a local and live in Chesapeake. I just had a timeshare exchange into the oceanfront for last week, bought my excalibur 800 the week before off ebay, and decided I wanted to take the week off work detecting at the beach. I usually take a week here and there at the beach but continue going to work. I plan on heading back to the beach this afternoon after work for the 7:00pm low tide.

Actually the locals were rather good to me.

Wesley