Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY WATER RESISTANT GT

YAKE

I made my Sovereign water resistant ( no leakage when held under a kitchen sink full of water) using a Pelican 1170 Case and a large Blue Sea Systems Cable Clam (P/N: 1003). I used the large cable clam so I could easily run both my coil and head phone cables through the same one. I chose to mount the clam inside because of the flat surface.

Jerry

Nice! Yes mods forum! Can you get a photo of you wearing it? Great ideas, much appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

it is too small GSI large.no room for the coil connector to line up with hole...im ordering the Ex Large GSI tonight.

BOXX6.jpg

BOXX5.jpg

ALMOSTBOX3.jpg

1-3.jpg

3.jpg

Very Nice Mods Guys...Joe

put mine in a back pack ..not heavy that way.

Sven said:
iv used the Pelican 1200 in the past its very heavy.this one is in the GSI Lexan (large)..the Ex large would be a little better if you want more room as this was a tight fit with the large,but it keeps it as small as possible.and the Cable Clams are the Blue Sea .834 size.cant use small as they wont allow coax connector or head phone jack pass through.

I am using the LOCK N LOCK small pitcher size. Works well. I have 4 extra cable clams Part #: 1003 if anyone needs them,half price. I will use the GSI LEXAN next time if i can find a good source for waterproof rotary switches.sam in ms.

Very inventive idea's. Looks like some great work! (Although heavier). But for all the time, effort, and cost,,,,, why not just buy an Excalibur? :rolleyes:

Beachnut said:
Very inventive idea's. Looks like some great work! (Although heavier). But for all the time, effort, and cost,,,,, why not just buy an Excalibur? :rolleyes:
i like that i can change coils and head phones with this set up.and after owning 4 Excal (2) were Excal ll's for me iv found the Sovereigns to be a tad deeper.

i ordered this the other and it just came it - FANNY PAK JOB

i like it

see it here: model no. 92650 - http://www.toolpak.com/

Larzam, are those clams still available?? I need two for a waterproof ACE I'm doing... Please email me if ya can with your price... and do you take paypal?? My email is fir469@hotmail.com