Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Understanding

Iv always been a die hard fisher man but i got an e-trac just to see what it was like. I went to places that i have not found a single coin in for years. I had been cleaning the trash out with my fishers but no coins at all. I actually gave up on one place cause i hadn't found a coin there in over 10 years. Well i e-trac-ed the place and found 6 wheat pennies and a silver nickel the first time back at the site. The next placed i tried was a school built in the 1930's I had used my cz6a with a 10.5 coil and later my id-excel and seldom found a wheat but once in a wile i did. Once again the e-trac showed me that it wasn't cleaned out at all. That hunt netted me 3 wheat's and another silver nickel and a buff nickel. The advantage was the depth of the e-trac and the other advantage was that it saw the coins in with trash. I'm blown away by what the e-trac can do. The best thing I can say to a new user is go some place that you know whats in the ground and what to expect and then learn the e-trac. Then go for the new places with the unexpected and you will have no problem.

I would say that is not a correct statement! Other detectors will separate trash from the good stuff as well. If they do it better than the E-trac, I couldn't say. I think it depends on a couple of things but swing speed might be the biggest factor IMO. Of course I could be wrong. ! :)