Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My truck was hijacked the other day but after 4 hours

Royal

I got it back, along with a dang black cat I call Sasha.

It started Sunday night when we had company over for dinner. Mary was watching a black squirrel outside in the side yard and then exclaimed[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55kxM4xRsko[/video], "Thats a little Kitten". Well we have no cats in the neighborhood so I looked out, it was gone. I went to the front and saw it a hauling arse up the drive.

It was cold that night and I put some food out but saw no evidence that it had come around. The next day I was talking to a friend in my new garage and heard a dang cat meowing. It sounded far off but I immediately thought of the dang kitten. We followed the sound and dang if it was not coming from under the hood of my truck. Oh man I thunk, I had just been to town with that truck and was afraid to open the hood. I have seen the dang things that had been caught in the fan before and wanted none of that. I tried to get Mary to open it while I went and checked the flowers but she was having none of that!

Well I opened the hood and the little sucker was setting on front of the engine, right back of the fan, no worse for wear except oily and pissed for sure. I could not get near it. It crawled back into the engine somewhere, we could not see it and meowed. We crawled around under that dang truck, got a light and looked everywhere we could but the little bastud disappeared. I put a couple live traps under the truck and we left it. Dang I needed the truck!

A couple hours later I was in the garage and Mary yelled, there is the cat. I looked and it had come out but it was not having none of my grabbing it. You bet your arse I was in no mood to grab it either. That greasy little turd was pizzed for sure.

We had a heck of a time getting the thing out of there and until I did Mary informed me that I was not using the truck. I told her that if I started it up it would come out in a hurry but maybe in pieces. I grabbed it and now I have a cat named Sasha obeyed and now have a cat :D

[attachment 142467 IMG_9637Large.jpg]

[attachment 142468 IMG_9639Large.jpg]

n/t

n/t

You will have lots of fun raising that cat. The only suggestion I can make is that you fasten a bell to the cat so that the birds will know that the cat is in the yard. We had cats at the old home place as well as where we now live and they have never really bothered the birds that I know about. Good luck on your new pet. Kelley (Texas) :)

Years ago, in the ranch across the highway from us, lived a young lady who was built something on the order of Dolly Parton. She drove an old '51 Chevy flathead to Georgetown High School & back in the evenings. Of course they had cats--all ranches have cats, either domestic or feral.

It was a cold morning when she went out to crank up the Chevy. As soon as she began to crank she heard a cat yowl. She went out & opened the hood. The cat had been sleeping on the cylinder head, sort of wrapped around the spark plugs, which on a '51 Chevy weren't well insulated. The cat made a leap--for the most prominent target--then to the top of her head, hit the ground behind her, & made a cloud of dust headed in the general direction of the South San Gabriel River. She never saw the cat again, but she didn't go to school that day. Unfortunately she never would let me see her cat scratches.

been outside, does fine. I am not having the cat killin my critters. Someone told me, I forget who right now, that they had a cat with a bell. He saw the dang cat sneaking up on a bird holding the bell against his neck so it would not ring. Smart cat