Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 'trip of a lifetime' may happen in 2016:crazy::thumbup:

warthog

I have ALWAYS wanted to take a cross- country trip,since my last one at my first marriage in 1978,we drove to my wife's relative's home in Colorado.It was a great time,and it left me with a desire to drive West beyond Colorado,to explore......

Well,2016 may be 'the year of exploration' for Steve and Marcia!!!!

We are kicking around the idea of driving out to Washington State,to pick up my sister and her husband that live there,and driving back to Michigan,they are coming home third week of July,if they fly........We are thinking about a northern route going out: Mt Rushmore,Custer's Last Stand in Montana,Wyoming,Idaho maybe......
Coming back,dropping South thru Oregon,CaIfornia(Never been there,always wanted to see Death Valley),Arizona,Nevada,Nebraska........
My sister is all for it,it will not be cheap,(gas,food,hotels),but with the four of us working together,we can make it work!!!Even if my sister and her husband cannot do this for some reason,Marcia and I are 'making tracks' in June or July,for our own 'road trip',YAY!!...:cool:

n/t

Death Valley is a place everyone needs to see. My sister lives about 30 minutes from there. You can drive a few miles and it changes so much.

There is pull off stations that have water for cars in tanks. But it is wise to take some to drink. Our brakes got extreme hot in the hills down there. So we had to switch to manual and that helped. We had a rental car with auto or manual shift. I have never been to a place that the scenery changes so much in just a few miles. You need to go to Scotty's castle while your down there.

Hope you's can make it happen. I've hitched-hiked, driven and flown across the country multiple times and would love to do it again. Actually one of the things I've always wanted to do was take a year long tour around the country and see all the national parks and sites. That would take a chuck of change.