Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My T-2 helped out a Police Officer.

A friend of mine who is a police officer in a small town in Northern Wisconsin was involed in a foot chase last Saturday night , and lost his keys in the snow during the chase. The keys were for the police station , jailhouse , and a couple other important places. The policy of the police dept. is that if keys are lost the areas affected must have new locks installed , which in his case could have been upwards to $2000.00 that he would of been held accountable for. He called me Sunday late afternoon and told me about his situation and asked if he could use my T-2 to look for them in the deep snow. He knew where the chase took place and he spent a couple of hours searching his tracks that went almost 2 blocks. He was just about to give up when he tried wider faster swings and he got a good signal a couple of feet to the side of his footprints. BINGO - He found his keys! He returned my detector that night with a smile on his face and said that he owed me a steak diner. I told him that he didn't have to and I was just glad that my detector helped him find the keys and saved him a whole lot of money. Just thought that I'd share this story with you fellow Teknetics users. - Happy Holidays!! CoinShooter-Craig

You know, I helped someone find their keys at the beach this past summer and it felt better than anything I found that day. I wish more people heard about the good things that detectorists do.

Way to go!!!

n/t

I'm glad that he got to use it. I haven't used it in over a month because of the wintery weather here in upper Wisconsin.BBBRRRRrrrrrrr I hate winter. Why do I live in Wisconsin then?? Good question - Too stupid to move I guess - Lol. ;-)

n/t

Way to go! It is always great to get out and find buried treasure, but to help someone find something important that was lost is such a rewarding and terrific way to apply this great hobby of ours. Some of my best memories using my detectors are of people I have helped find lost items. Great story, thanks for sharing!