Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My stepson and wife find a silver stash,in a big jar!!!!!!!

warthog

But,not the kind that contains money...At an old collapsing house bedise us,they found this huge glass jar with this real old bunch of sterling silver flatware in it,I bet nodody ever found a stash like this!!!On the bottom of the jar,is a piece of tape,with the name 'Vernice'....My stepson is washing all of them in hot water and dish doap.I will vpcheck the hallmarks,,to see what we got!!!

Where they found this,it is an old cottage,quite old,that is collapsed for the most part.I am really tempted,to take my trusty Garrett 1350 GTA,and scan the walls and floors,before the whole thing comes down.Ya never know,what's hiding over yonder.Will keep ya posted........

detected the outside grounds yet ? Once they get to tearing things down they frequently scrape the whole place.

Neat find, that's what treasure hunts are all about, Steve in so la

At least not yet.There has been no work of any kind there,a tree fell and took half the roof,buckling the walls...At one time it was a real nice place,according to Marcia.Apparently,it was abandoned when the tree took the roof out.I have read many stories of abandoned homes and so forth,and this jar with the silverware in it makes me wonder what else is waiting to be found in there....Marcia said an older woman owned it long ago.When she died,it went to family members,and it wound up like it is now......Am going over there soon( today),will let you know.There is also sn old couch in there,does it hold coins or whatever,from pockets?????Will keep you informed......

Turns out,there are two couches in there.1had nothing,the other,half the roof was hanging over it,making it impossible to search it...We won't be going back in that place,the floors are very unstable,very spongy.....There is a HUGE front yard,near the house there is pulltabs and pieces of sluminum siding.But,,20' from the house,no trash signals= if there are no trash signals,in the ground I scanned,it will be relatively easy to register good targets,I HOPE,ANYWAYS....Will run the sensitivity up near 9-1/2,in all metal,in that open yard........

The actually silver ones will say sterling. Most are plated unless the say sterling, but not sterling plate or silver plate. neat find

Steve I have to apologize. My computer is very messed up. Got your emails but can't reply. I have the same problem with YouTube and Google+. About ready to bury this thing and see what kind of reading I get so I don't dig up someone else's problems.

n/t