Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Second Silver Quarter

MONKOO8

This week there was a decent amount of detecting done...little in the way of adventure,at least until the end of the week. (Monday might be an exception;depends on that small metal whatzit disk 'I think its bronze.')

Saturday ventured to my recent hot spot and worked some of the same area over again with minimum results, so i drifted to another area, which looks like an old side entrance to the building, there was a half sunken sidewalk with asphalt on top to level it with the ground entrance. As i said was drifting through the area and hit a shallow signal...a 1925 merc. Cool...so then dropped anchor and started to fish the area for a bit...It was getting late in the morning and very hot...The whole day I had a feeling that there was a silver quarter to be caught and the whole day i took extra care in digging all of my quarter targets which were mostly junk...My final pass, I was already pulling the anchor and i got a good coin signal...but as i said it was hot and i was already tired and happy with my merc so i just put the pro pointer to work and popped the coin............only it wasn't another clad or junk, Instead it was that fabled silver quarter which i had been trying to catch for nine weeks or so...and sure enough my driver caught the back edge of the coin on the 'pop' and left a small scratch....Argh! :cry: Too bad there are no 'Do Overs' in this hobby. You can only catch these fish once. Fish and learn. Or learn from those that fish.

Told my Dad the story and he was psyched. He really wants to find a silver quarter. So much that he wanted to go back in the morning and find one...(what makes this funny is that this location is about ten to fifteen miles out of his comfort zone when it comes to driving. Dad is 73 years old and doesn't do highways. We agree to meet at eight in the morning.

Sunday morning I get there about a quarter til' to find him out front diggin' away. After a bit of coaxing (he was finding a few coins) I convince him to maneuver to the area where i had gotten lucky the day before...Once there in five or ten minutes he fishes this fairly heavy medium sized silver ring out. Then for an unknown reason...i guess the current got him and he drifted out to sea...My line was set and ten minutes later the Garrett and I land this marksmanship award medal.(its stamped sterling)..................................Is it just me or does anyone else think it's bizarre that although the items are different, Father and Son a few minutes apart find items which bear a striking similarity in symbol? The silver cross shape with a black border. [attachment 136366 010.JPG] [attachment 136367 013.JPG]
Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!

[attachment 136368 018.JPG] [attachment 136369 022.JPG] [attachment 136370 037.JPG]

Some great looking finds there monk. WTG on the silver!!:twodetecting:

Great finds, the ring and pendant are really cool. :thumbup:

Great loot! I am surprised to hear a guy who digs a lot of clad quarters calling them junk. They add ups o FAST!

Chris

Those are some great finds! Congrats on the silver and what sounds like a great time! :cheers: