Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My second roman coin treasure

mtc cocoon wim

Hi everyone

It was in the meantime 9 years since I had my first coin treasure found .... and I had another unforgettable day

41 great pieces in total

unbelievably awesome! jaw dropping! Congratulations!

Wayne

I have no clue as to what I'M looking at, But they sure are sweet looking -----------------GH-----------------after1-----------------

Wow ... what a fantastic hunt - congrats ! :clapping:

for your information

Roman rulers were allowed to produce only coins during the period that they were in power, some emperors were then also sometimes make coins with the effigy of their wife or daughter
by this fact we can perfect the dating period when these coins are made than, other currencies can be dated to the year perfectly (don't ask me how they know this so sure)

For exemple foto 1 : Emperror Septimius Severus, coin type : Sestertius, 30mm, 18.49 gr. Struke in 195 after Christ
L dot SEPT SEV PERT AVG IMP V,
laureate head right / VIRTVTI AVG, S C, emperor in military dress,
standing left, holding palm- and wreath-bearing Victory on globe in right hand and spear in left;
behind him Roma, helmeted, standing left, crowning emperor and holding parazonium.

For exemple foto 3: Lucilla Æ Sestertius. LVCILLAE AVG ANTONINI AVG F, draped bust right /
VENVS S-C, Venus standing left, holding apple, drawing out robe. Cohen 77.
Struke between 161 and 169 after Christ, Annia Aurelia Galeria Lucilla or Lucilla was a member of the Aurelii,
the daughter of Marcus Aurelius, Lucius Verus's wife and sister of Commodus.
Lucilla was born as the second daughter of Marcus Aurelius and Faustina the Younger.

For exemple foto 5 : Emperror Commodus Æ Sestertius. Jan-Sept, 187 AD. M COMMODVS ANT P FELIX AVG BRIT,
laureate head right / PVBLICA FEL P M TR P XII IMP VIII COS V P P S-C,
Felicitas standing left with patera & scepter. Cohen 645.

For exemple foto 9 : Diva Faustina II AE Sesterius, RIC 1702, Cohen 69, BMC 1570
Faustina Jr AE Sestertius. DIVA FAVSTINA PIA, head right
CONSECRATIO S-C, Faustina on peacock flying right.

That way we are now sure that all my coins from this treasure are dating back to the full 2nd century

Greetings
Wim

Wow, what a honey hole! If only we could make finds like that here in Oz. Congrats on a dream find.

Incredible. Congratulations on those great finds.

Howdy mtc cocoon wim--

Congratulations on your memorable recovery! I wish you continued success! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel