Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Ranger's Ready for Winter

SeniorSeeker

About a week ago, I drove my Ranger over to Jack Keller Ford for the repairs that I felt were necessary. After being there for a short while, the service manager got with me and showed me a few things that needed repair that I was unaware of when I first went in for the repairs. Several hours & many hundreds of dollars later, the 'ole girl was ready for winter, with a new oil change, Greece job brake repair, and a host of other things fixed.

Since making all the repairs, I have decided to once again put the ranger on the market. After having a long chat with the used car/truck manager, at Keller, we agree the new selling/asking price will be $3500 cash. I've reinstated the insurance for now but that will be canceled as soon as a buyer comes around. Here's a few facts about the truck: she's a 2000 - 4 cyl/w/8 plugs - automatic trans - w/139,000 miles. It does not leak and or use any oil per change, which is done every 3500 miles regardless. Tranny fluid is changed every two years. Tires are good. Body is 98% excellent condition. She has a few very small imperfections but nothing to worry about. The truck has had excellent care since it was new.

There yah go. The whole story. She's ready to go! PM me w/any questions if interested. Sorry about the pictures being upside down. Believe me...that only happens on this website!
Click on the pictures & they will show ride side up.

cornered the small pick up market. They put 4:10 rear ends in those things and is why they didn't get gas mileage like they could have. That is the reason I didn't buy one.

I loved the Rangers for many years, they just fit me right. I had a 92 that I put over 400K on that got really good mileage, like 24 hwy. 4.0 V6 2w drive... i think it had a 4:13 rear end? It was fast and efficient.
Ford should have made a ranger with a diesel, I dont understand why they shut down the Ranger line? Must have made a deal with the other mfgs to allow them access into some other market is all I can figure, why would anybody stop making a hot seller like the Ranger was?.
They are super easy to work on and parts are plentiful and reasonably priced, all sorts of aftermarket components, perfect size, comfortable on long trips, and not a model that tends to get stolen, jacked, or noticed by the cops...
I look for another right now, need the extended cab though, does yours have a tow hitch 2" receiver?.

What you said about how good it was for traveling in and repairing and etc is most likely why they quit making it, as not enough money coming in for the mechanics because they weren't worked on enough and so on and on! When a product in the store is popular and cheaper in price and does as good or better than the other products of the same use, the companies quit ordering it and it isn't in stock any more for people to buy, so have to buy the higher brands, although they may not be as good to use! This is a greedy and money hungry world we live in, so stores and manufacturers sell and/or produce the higher priced items that don't last, so we have to buy them instead and more often! May God have mercy upon the USA and those who seem to be destroying our nation and its citizens! May God Bless you to find and buy what you are looking for because God will supply your needs and the desires of your hear when we are faithful servantst! Amen! :angel: Ma