Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My nicest coin to date

steve4520

Had a couple of hours with the ace 250 , and as i was walking down a footpath to get to my regular field i got a good bell signal and dug this little beauty out ,. it's a William the third shilling dated 1697....it certainly made my day one to remember :clap:

WOW - Great Find :clapping:

Great find. Funny how sometimes you stumble on a treasure like that. Like hunting all day for a pocketful of clad and then finding a gold ring 2 feet from the door to your vehicle. Happened to me. Very, very nice.

Chris

Very nice find!!!!:detecting:

Fantastic!

Which side of the pond are you on?

A local friend of mine found a William III shilling here in SE Georgia (USA), in a park where some colonial-era buildings had stood. I believe his was a 1698. It was much lower grade than yours, however.

I have found some King George coppers but no English/British silver from before the 1940s or so. Around here, the early silver is mostly Spanish colonial.

Hi all , thanks for the posts , i live in the UK , in Robin Hood country, still haven't found any arrow heads yet :lol:Happy hunting everyone...

Hi Draaiorge , it was found at 8 inches just to the side of an old footpath, i would imagine with the excellent condition it's in that it has not been disturbed since being lost some 300 years ago.:)

Ya did good young man. Was that with the ace 250?
The reverse kinda reminds me of the old florins we had when I was a nipper.
I believe they were termed gothic.
3 :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yes , i found it with the ace 250 , it's a cracking little machine , stands proud next to the big boys and a fraction of the cost.:garrett::)