Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new MXT 300

Shooter65

Got back from my trip to San Diego and thought I'd share some of my trip with everyone. My MXT cratered while I was there and I had to send it back for testing. The coil went bad after about 6 hours of use and when you turned the machine on it went directly to overload and really screamed in your ear. They tested it and put a brand new coil on it for me. I did have a great time with it on the beach and that 12" coil is a humdinger and a nickel killer. In the 6 hours I used it I found 29 quarters,13 dimes, 21 nickels, 32 pennys of which one was a 1948D, and 1-1953 20 Franc piece, 4 rings, 3 earrings, a Chargers dog tag and a host of other beach things. I am going to buy some other coils but that 12" coil is a dandy and has great depth. Wet sand and dry sand, it worked well but does not like salt water and black sand combo. Here's a few pics. Thanks for looking. Shooter65

Hey shooter, sorry to hear you had trouble with your coil. The 6 X 10 DD does real good in the wet and black sand areas of the beach. It looks like you did a great job any way nice bunch of finds.............:thumbup:

Sorry about your coil. White's should have it back to you soon. Great detecting while you could. Lots of many items there along with the cute gold Peridot ring. Very nice items! Thanks for sharing and HH to all, Nancy

Got my MXT back from repair and took it right out in the snow and put it to the test. Awesome. Everything is back to normal. Have two more coins located for the afterthaw and the coming of spring. I tried to retrieve one penny with my rock hammer and struck the coin almost dead center. :shrug: It snapped into 3 pieces. Dumb thing to do but I'm getting cabin fever again. Come on spring.:detecting: