Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new Fisher 1270 - Looking forward to using it.

Bob Stephens

:detecting:Hi Gang! After over a year of careful research and assorted metal detector fevers (Minelab, Tesoro, Tecknetics and Fisher), I decided on the relic hunting machine I wanted to add to my stable of Fisher 1280 and CZ-5 stallions.

I've taken delivery of a Fisher 1270 which is a pretty spirited and verbal hunter. I had less than an hour on it today as the weather was threatening to dump on us and in that short time while hunting in the DISC mode with very low SENS and DISC settings, I was astounded at the number of targets that were sounding off in an area I know has been hunted a thousand times. It's a super sensitive machine that picks up even the smallest targets; my first dig was a lucky '1977 penny and the second dig produced a tiny pen knife. I dug plenty of beer bottle caps and pulltabs but that's what I expect. On my very short beach hunt, I pulled out a tiny piece of wire that indicates the 1270 will find very small items.

This machine will take some getting used to and I can't wait to get out and start learning the various modes it can hunt in and the best training areas will be either "hunted out" or loaded with trash items.

We're Fisher people through and through:

CZ-20. Under used but ready any time we are.
1280 Aquanaut - Great all weather and water machine.
CZ-5. Deep, sensitive and a real workhorse.
1270. New relic hunter with three hunt modes and plenty of attitude!

I'll let you know how things progress with the new 1270 as I work with it. ;)

Best Regards and Happy Hunting.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton,Ontario.